Cigar smokers out there?

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Group of guys I ride with meet at my place on the first Tuesday of every month. As a matter of fact, we met last night. Cigar night. The cigars are as diverse as the group of guys. My favorite cigar is a La Gloria Cubana, Series R No 6 or 7. I buy my everyday cigars on line. Usually Consuegra from JR Cigars.

Don't keep my cigars in Humidors any more. I keep them in Gallon Zip Loc. I take a Zip Lok, put some Pipe Tobacco in it with about 3 Vanilla Beans, then toss in a bundle of cigars. Keeps them at the right humidity and they smell and taste great. Have about 5 bags in the closet in varying stages. They travel well that way too.
  • cgilchrist3
    cgilchrist3 Posts: 25 Member
    Ahhhh I'm so happy cigar season is here! Can't wait to be on a deck somewhere cigar in one hand and a whiskey or single malt in the other

Can't agree enough with this quote. The weather is just perfect here in Texas.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Cigars...love em. I used to be a 1-3x per year guy, but since a great new cigar bar opened near my house last fall. I have been more of a 1-3 x per month. Damn them if they don't always have a great selection on tap, as well. That place is killing me! lol

I am a maduro wrapper, torpedo smoker on average. I like full body and a little spicy (like my women). Current fav is the Upper Cut.

Where do ya live whats the lounge? I used to be 3 to 4 a day sometimes! so many great cigars out on the market now

You are a dedicated smoker, sir! : ) Yes, so many good sticks out there these days...makes it hard not to smoke em'. I'm in Gilbert, Az, on the outskirts of Phoenix. The lounge is Fix Cigar Bar. Great little lounge with a patio that is perfect right now.
    http://www.foxtobacco.com/

Smoking a Rocky Patel - Sun Grown tonite with a Jamesons. Bueno!
  • natehirji
    natehirji Posts: 14
    im not but so many people are. many of the people i know and hangout with are smokers. they be dying right now
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 297 Member
    im not but so many people are. many of the people i know and hangout with are smokers. they be dying right now

Huh?
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I've smoked several cigars in my day. I enjoy them but don't know anything about them!!
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 297 Member
    Group of guys I ride with meet at my place on the first Tuesday of every month. As a matter of fact, we met last night. Cigar night. The cigars are as diverse as the group of guys. My favorite cigar is a La Gloria Cubana, Series R No 6 or 7. I buy my everyday cigars on line. Usually Consuegra from JR Cigars.

Don't keep my cigars in Humidors any more. I keep them in Gallon Zip Loc. I take a Zip Lok, put some Pipe Tobacco in it with about 3 Vanilla Beans, then toss in a bundle of cigars. Keeps them at the right humidity and they smell and taste great. Have about 5 bags in the closet in varying stages. They travel well that way too.

Pretty unique way of storing them
  • cgilchrist3
    Don't be jealous but I had a nice Nub last night on the back porch. It was in the 70s all evening. Nice to be away from the crowds at SXSW. I was down there the other night and it is just crazy here in Austin this week.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 243 Member
    Oh man... that weather is amazing...

Think I may have to go pick up a few tonight and a bottle of Jim. (Affordable)
  • cgilchrist3
    Had a great birthday celebration on Friday. No cake, just an Oliva V and some Laphroaig 10 year. Now that the weather is starting to get nice, what are you smoking lately?
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    The great thing about a hot tub is every day is a good day for a cigar! I enjoy Rocky Patel Edge and LGC Serie R...love the full-bodied, oily maduros.
  • cgilchrist3
    Hot tub is definitely on my bucket list of items to add to the back deck.
  • khime1208
    khime1208 Posts: 138
    Just ordered a "Brown Bag Sampler" from Cigarsinternational.com

I don't really have a preferred cigar so maybe I will get something in there that I like.
  • crise40g
    crise40g Posts: 60 Member
    Smoke cigars at the firehouse with the boys. Not at home though. Herein Hawaii, we have just a handfull of cigar shops so we mainly get them online.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    I do enjoy myself some cigars.. especially now the spring i here. I topped of the the Humidor with an order from JR. I got some double Maduro JR ultimates No.1 , and a bundle of the JR Cuban Alternatives Gloria Cubana Churchill for fishing trips.

Also got a mix pack with some more mild cigars for my buddies when they come over. Most of them do not like their smokes as full flavored as I do.

I am a big fan of ordering from Famous cigars also... they have a couple of nice bundles (My favorite is the Nicaraguan 5000) and mix packs grouped by strength so I can get some different varieties. All at a reasonable price too.
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 100 Member
    I enjoy a cigar now and then and try to keep on top of my humidor. One of the advantages of being in Canada is easy access to Cubans! Even better prices when you actually travel there or have a friend mule some back.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Definitely! I enjoy cigars with Scotch or a bourbon whiskey. I am not loyal to any brand, I usually prefer maduro wrapped torpedoes. I keep some in my humidor at home for special occasions.
  • 10KEyes
    10KEyes Posts: 250 Member
    Had a great birthday celebration on Friday. No cake, just an Oliva V and some Laphroaig 10 year. Now that the weather is starting to get nice, what are you smoking lately?

I had a bottle of Laphroaig once... ;) Good stuff.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Days like today are tough... i am planning a nice walk at lunch and would love a good smoke for it. But I did not bring any to my office, so the alternative is to pay $9 for a Maduro Punch Champion at the local NYC jip joint by my office. It is one of my favorite cigars but it is about double the price I want to pay for it.
  • cgilchrist3
    So cool to see more cigar smokers out there. I'm looking forward to an event on Friday after work at one of our local shops. Will be a good time to kick back after a long week.

Best to everyone.