In your Food Dairy, which Nutrients do U track&WHY?

Options
I always tracked:
Protein
Carbs
Fats
Fiber
Sodium

I've been pretty pleased with the results of all of these area since i've been here. The exception seems to be that I'm always going over on fiber--but I didn't really mind that--because the other areas are usually down or right on target (except for protein which sometimes go over too). I did my potassium and found it low as well.

Well, I just decided to track some other things and find that I'm WAYYYY over most days of Iron, Vitamin C, and sugar (because I eat a LOT of raw fruits/not sugars from junk nor processed foods. Anyway, that is kinda interesting and I'm wondering which nutrients you track -- which ones are most important to you and why?

Lastly, is there anyway to track all of these nutrients? That would be great.

Replies

• shanea98
    shanea98 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I track sodium as it does play a key role in water weight. I also track fiber-- and the MFP fiber goal is too low-- actual goal is 25-30 grams fiber per day. Not real concerned about sugar as its included in carb
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I track
    Protein
    Carbs
    Fiber
    Sugar
    Fat

I track mine that way because I have a protein deficiency and was diagnosed with primary carbohydrate intolerance ( I can not tolerate simple carbs and sugars, they cause me to become ill and I can actually gain and have gained 10-15lbs in a week just from having grains and sugar in my diet (dr supervised 800 calorie diet without carb restrictions were the proof)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Sodium because I have high blood pressure, calcium because I want to make sure I have healthy bones. I don't really pay much attention to the other stuff because I'm usually a bit under on all of them but protein.
  • penelopiad
    Options
    When you go to your food diary, scroll down to View Full Report (printable). It has most on there.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Food Dairy...DUH!!!! I meant Food Diary--:blushing: oopsy!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    When you go to your food diary, scroll down to View Full Report (printable). It has most on there.

Wow, that's cool--thank you. Now to find out how many of these things I'm supposed to have daily. I see the totals (which I never noticed nor thought about before I decided to change different ones to see other nutrients tonight. I see the totals in grams and I wonder how many of each grams I'm supposed to have daily. Also does anyone change them up to monitor them often? If so, how often do you or don't you?

Thanks again!
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Protein, Carbs, Fat, Sugar, and Fiber. I'm a vegetarian so I need to make sure I'm getting enough protein. I try to watch my sugar intake because sugar is my downfall and what makes me gain weight. I don't worry about sodium because I have low blood pressure and low cholesterol.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    the usual plus iron,since I tend to have be anemic, I don't how ever always meet those goals. I have been paying more attention to my sodium though =)
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I track carbs, fat, protein, and sodium. I used to track fiber but I was consistently going over (in a good way) so I'm not particularly concerned about it anymore. I usually try to go over at least a little on protein and stay a bit under my carb goal and I track fat just to make sure I'm not over doing it. And I track sodium so I know not to weigh myself the next day if it was particularly high.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I track sodium, fat, and protein. I track sodium b/c I watched my dad go through a few sodium-related health issues. Fat I track just to keep an eye on it and make sure I'm not using it as filler. I track protein mainly to make sure I'm taking in enough to not lose muscle while losing weight.
  • penelopiad
    Options
    You can also go to the reports tab, select nutrition and choose a report. It has them all there.

You can change them by going to Goals and choose custom
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    You can also go to the reports tab, select nutrition and choose a report. It has them all there.

You can change them by going to Goals and choose custom

WHAT???!!!!?????

Wow! That is sooooo cool, I didn't know that and am just checking it out now--THANK YOU so much!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jessielyn525
    Options
    I check them all every now and then (when I was more active here). But I try to keep track of carbs, fat, protein, Iron (because I am severely anemic, have to take 90mg of iron daily plus what I eat normally and it still isn't enough), and calcium because I worry I dont get nearly enough and I have rheumatoid arthritis so I figured it couldn't hurt to watch it.