Fast Food...Yuck!

Options
2»

Replies

• cawleen
    cawleen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A lot of fast food places are seriously disgusting. Even eating out now isn't very appetizing. And I'm not saying this because after about 3 weeks of being on MFP working out and eating right have all of a sudden changed my habits. Most fast food places have always tasted disgusting (except Qdoba/Chipotle. Those people are awesome!). Now on days when I want to have a "spike" day, I just cook something at home thats kind of like a delicacy and enjoy my own cooking. It helps though that I'm a decent cook :)

Chipotle must be an acquired taste. The commercials on the television made it look so appealing. My girls and I were resting in Florida before we began our cruise in January. We were trying to decide between Taco Bell and Chipotle. There is a Taco Bell about an hour and a half from our home, so we decided to try Chipotle as it must just be an American chain. None of us liked it. :( We were sorry we hadn't gone to Taco Bell.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Fast food is a huge reason why people are fat.........
  • MoonGurl1985
    Options
    I don't do fast food, haven't for about 8 years or better ! stuff is just nasty !
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Options
    I have fast food once or twice a month. I can easily pass up the burgers and things but fries... Nom nom nom.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    I think cheeseburgers/pizza/etc is fine every once in a while but honestly if I was going to treat myself to a cheeseburger I would either make it at home or go someplace that would prepare it to order (not frozen patties). Its still not "healthy" but at least its fresh.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    I only eat fast food about twice a year, but I still think it's delicious.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    No, overconsumption is the reason why people are fat. Go to the South (in the US) and you'll see that the "home cooking" they do is what makes them fat and not fast food. And the Southern states have the highest obesity rates.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

no ... I'm pretty sure people eating too much food is a huge reason why people are fat.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I don't like what it does to my fats sodium etc on here so ive been avoiding it even subway blows up my sodium I am bad enough about the sodium from my grocery store food
  • beccacoug
    beccacoug Posts: 24
    Options
    A lot of fast food places are seriously disgusting. Even eating out now isn't very appetizing. And I'm not saying this because after about 3 weeks of being on MFP working out and eating right have all of a sudden changed my habits. Most fast food places have always tasted disgusting (except Qdoba/Chipotle. Those people are awesome!). Now on days when I want to have a "spike" day, I just cook something at home thats kind of like a delicacy and enjoy my own cooking. It helps though that I'm a decent cook :)

Chipotle must be an acquired taste. The commercials on the television made it look so appealing. My girls and I were resting in Florida before we began our cruise in January. We were trying to decide between Taco Bell and Chipotle. There is a Taco Bell about an hour and a half from our home, so we decided to try Chipotle as it must just be an American chain. None of us liked it. :( We were sorry we hadn't gone to Taco Bell.

Bummer to hear that! Chipotle is actual real whole food and so freakin good. I love taco bell although the thought of it is gross...how does that work? My body is confused...Maybe it is trained eating. I grew up on whole foods as my mom was hippy like in her eating habbits and us poor kids took the brunt!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    taco bell, while not obviously top-notch mexican, is a decent go-to for me. hard shell taco is something like 170 cals, and you can get the fresco version for 150. so get the three taco meal with a diet drink and you're good to go. fairly low-cal option. and the cinnamon twists aren't that much, either, and are a nice little treat.
  • hsmithway
    hsmithway Posts: 191
    Options
    No, overconsumption is the reason why people are fat. Go to the South (in the US) and you'll see that the "home cooking" they do is what makes them fat and not fast food. And the Southern states have the highest obesity rates.

Yes. Only eating fast food on rare occasions is not a new thing for me. Had no problem getting fat without it.

Though I will admit that it's probably easier for a lot of people to get fat on fast food, since it takes almost no effort to procure. But I really like to cook. And bake. So cooking for myself doesn't slow me down much, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Thankfully I like cooking things like vegetables just as much as I enjoy cooking desserts, so I can still get my cooking fix in. Made curried carrots the other night, and oven-baked sweet potato "fries" and steamed broccoli in balsamic vinegar and herbs are both on the menu for later this week.

Since I like to cook, I only go out to eat in general rarely, and when I do my main consideration is picking out something that I probably wouldn't cook at home. Which means that it's probably going to be something both complicated, and that no one else in my house would eat. I hate pulling out the big guns just for myself.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    We used to eat it far too often, resulting in the 45lbs or so I've been working to lose. Now when I think fast food I think about the 6in Subway veggie on honey whole grain. mmmmm. Used to be a BK veggie burger, large fries, large coke was nothin'....