Golfers?

Options

Replies

• Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooove golf! Everything about it is amazing. I absolutely suck of course but it has been HUGE in my family for years. We really have a great hook up in Sun Valley where I think my grandmother still maintains a membership. Absolutely awesome up there and in the winter it is great cross country skiing. When there is snow of course. :grumble:

I would love to sign up for a class one of these semesters and really truly learn the sport. Glad to see others enjoy!:bigsmile:
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options

I love your golf pants! Where did you get them? Lmao.. I have no "golf" clothes except for a baby blue polo I bought last-minute at Wal-Mart.

But I did buy a fancy new driver and putter a couple of weeks ago. I got a TaylorMade SuperFast Burner. It would be awesome if I could achieve consistency on my swing.

The pants are just from Banana Republic. I mostly hate 'real' golf clothes - they're always cut horribly for younger women, in my experience. I get my polos from Ralph Lauren and wear whatever chinos or tailored pants I can find. In summer I wear a running skirt which is pretty short but looks nice, but I've had some grief for that when we play with older guys on occasion... I love it when I outdrive them after they spend their time sneering at having to play with a girl in a short skirt!

Of course not all guys are like that - most guys are great about playing with ladies.
  • stebs1984
    stebs1984 Posts: 38
    Options
    There is only one other acceptable approach to the golf swing - grip it and rip it!

That's pretty much what I do... my friend (who is teaching me) gets kinda frustrated sometimes, lol.
    I'm with you! I just tell 'em "I got this" and go about my game...

Found these shirts on cafepress awhile back...

For the ladies...
    golf_tee.jpg
    http://www.cafepress.com/+golf_womens_cap_sleeve_tshirt,464949699

And for us guys...
    in_the_hole_tshirt.jpg
    http://www.cafepress.com/+in_the_hole_dark_tshirt,107840172
  • theleftie
    theleftie Posts: 366
    Options

I love your golf pants! Where did you get them? Lmao.. I have no "golf" clothes except for a baby blue polo I bought last-minute at Wal-Mart.

But I did buy a fancy new driver and putter a couple of weeks ago. I got a TaylorMade SuperFast Burner. It would be awesome if I could achieve consistency on my swing.

The pants are just from Banana Republic. I mostly hate 'real' golf clothes - they're always cut horribly for younger women, in my experience. I get my polos from Ralph Lauren and wear whatever chinos or tailored pants I can find. In summer I wear a running skirt which is pretty short but looks nice, but I've had some grief for that when we play with older guys on occasion... I love it when I outdrive them after they spend their time sneering at having to play with a girl in a short skirt!

Of course not all guys are like that - most guys are great about playing with ladies.

On a vacation to Palm Springs, my buddy and I were paired up with "young women", both girls played at the collegiate level. Although I am about a 9 handicap and drive the ball really well - these two were POUNDING the ball with the most effortless swings I'd ever seen. We all enjoyed the round and I would never hesitate to play with women again. Golf is about singular competition and friends (at least at my level). Next time tell those old F**ks that they should move up to the reds if they can't keep up with you... It drives me nuts that there are men out there who ruin it for the rest of us - who actually enjoy seeing a woman in a short skirt play golf. For what it's worth.
    Here endeth the soapbox...
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

On a vacation to Palm Springs, my buddy and I were paired up with "young women", both girls played at the collegiate level. Although I am about a 9 handicap and drive the ball really well - these two were POUNDING the ball with the most effortless swings I'd ever seen. We all enjoyed the round and I would never hesitate to play with women again. Golf is about singular competition and friends (at least at my level). Next time tell those old F**ks that they should move up to the reds if they can't keep up with you... It drives me nuts that there are men out there who ruin it for the rest of us - who actually enjoy seeing a woman in a short skirt play golf. For what it's worth.

Dude, I love playing with women. Golf even.

It makes it convenient since my second shot is usually around their tee box.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    i play... i am not good, but i keep trying, and working at it.... i hold the club way to tight and the face is open at impact and of course goes right, for some reason i can't loosen my grip...
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    There is only one other acceptable approach to the golf swing - grip it and rip it!

That's pretty much what I do... my friend (who is teaching me) gets kinda frustrated sometimes, lol.
    I'm with you! I just tell 'em "I got this" and go about my game...

Found these shirts on cafepress awhile back...

For the ladies...
    golf_tee.jpg
    http://www.cafepress.com/+golf_womens_cap_sleeve_tshirt,464949699

And for us guys...
    in_the_hole_tshirt.jpg
    http://www.cafepress.com/+in_the_hole_dark_tshirt,107840172

I LOVE those shirts! Definitely getting them :)!
  • oddyogi
    Options
    i play... i am not good, but i keep trying, and working at it.... i hold the club way to tight and the face is open at impact and of course goes right, for some reason i can't loosen my grip...

I slice it even when my club face isn't open. :\ I can't figure it out yet.. but only with my driver. I can hit it pretty straight with my irons!
  • oddyogi
    Options
    Oh.. I got my first birthday present today. A Dallas Cowboys golf gift set. Yeeeeeeah! :happy:
  • craigers13
    craigers13 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Oh.. I got my first birthday present today. A Dallas Cowboys golf gift set. Yeeeeeeah! :happy:

I am sooo jealous.....how bout them Cowboys!
  • moo_imma_pig
    moo_imma_pig Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    YES mam!!! i played all through high school and was captain of the team for my last 2 years :) LOVE IT!!! i just played last weekend (after not play in forever) and still stop the older men in their tracks ans they say "GIRL YOUR GOOD!!" lol its awesome :) im glad u enjoy it so much!! its a life long hobby you will enjoy for many years to come!
  • oddyogi
    Options
    YES mam!!! i played all through high school and was captain of the team for my last 2 years :) LOVE IT!!! i just played last weekend (after not play in forever) and still stop the older men in their tracks ans they say "GIRL YOUR GOOD!!" lol its awesome :) im glad u enjoy it so much!! its a life long hobby you will enjoy for many years to come!

I can't wait till old men tell me I'm good! Lmao!

P.S. Thanks for the add. :)
  • moo_imma_pig
    moo_imma_pig Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I can't wait till old men tell me I'm good! Lmao!

P.S. Thanks for the add. :)

Your welcome my dear!! :oD
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I enjoy golf. I wouldn't say I am great at it but I do like to go out and hit around. I would love to play more but I don't have anyone to play with and I don't like just being added on to a foursome. I find the more I play the more the game costs in equipment I just desperately need. Glad to meet a fellow golfer
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options

Love it and am aiming to get back into it.

I used to play regularly when I was in my 30s - club comps where they would match up a couple of women with a couple of men - I had a pretty good drive back then and it was always entertaining to see some of the blokes duff their shots trying to out drive me.

It's a fantastic game that keeps you humble. I would often play with a woman in her 80s, she still walked the 18 holes while many older people were using carts. I never, ever, beat, her. "Straight as long dear," she would say "straight as long."

And don't you love how many calories it burns.
  • oddyogi
    Options
    Tomorrow is my active rest day and I'm going to play a round of golf. I can't wait! I also have tomorrow off work for my birthday--bonus! :D
  • oddyogi
    Options

Love it and am aiming to get back into it.

I used to play regularly when I was in my 30s - club comps where they would match up a couple of women with a couple of men - I had a pretty good drive back then and it was always entertaining to see some of the blokes duff their shots trying to out drive me.

It's a fantastic game that keeps you humble. I would often play with a woman in her 80s, she still walked the 18 holes while many older people were using carts. I never, ever, beat, her. "Straight as long dear," she would say "straight as long."

And don't you love how many calories it burns.

Yes. This. Love it! I have respect for all golfers, especially older people!
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    Does mini putt count? :laugh:
  • lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I just started last year. Our season is very short but I hope to get out many times this year... If the snow ever melts.
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I used to play a lot of golf. Managed to get Ok at it with a membership at a local track carrying a 1 hdcp but it's a lot of work. We got a Sea Doo last summer and I think thats more fun. I'll probably stick with my 10 rounds per year b/c membership is expensive and pay as you play is even MORE so.