Does anyone have a success story simply using My Fitness Pal

Options
2»

Replies

• Mariomineros
    Options
    I lost my first 10 lbs just following my MFP calorie goal, no exercise b/c I was a couch potato and not motivated to make myself move my body any more than necessary just yet. LOL After 10 lbs I bought a heartrate monitor and started adding exercise little by little - first just walking and cleaning the house a lot more than usual LMAO, then 30 Day Shred then other DVD workouts. Still relied on MFP for my calorie goals the whole time, especially with adding back in calories for the exercise. MFP has been my saving grace. Before I found it I really had no idea that I could have this much control over my weight, my health, my confidence, and overall my life.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I started last November, and lost more than 40 pounds, just counting calories with MFP.
    Exercise, not really. Walk the dog for an hour, once a week.

So you can lose a lot just following MFP.
    I am not starving at all, by the way :bigsmile:

However: I do plan to exercise now that I am close to my target, as I want to look great and be fit, not just thin ! :tongue:
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can lose with just tracking the calories. Exercise is built into the program here though so don't see why you'd want ones with specific JUST tracking. I know its possible. I did WW and with mostly just tracking points(essentially calories) I lost 40 lbs in 20 weeks so I can imagine one COULD just track calories and stick to their calorie goal and have success. I was hardly doing any activities.

Success from programs with people who don't track don't really bother me but I do hope they are at least working at healthier eating. The ultimate goal I have is to be able to be active and not have to track food and calories my whole life. Who knows if that will happen. What does bother me is those that come here with what am I doing wrong questions or I do such and such and nothing is happening. Those are better suited for maybe the "motivation" threads.
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey! I lost most of my 30lb just logging and I found that I lost weight faster without exercising, not that it was my intention, I just haven't gotten all my energy back after having my two boys...It was important FOR ME to see those numbers on the scale go down ! I needed to see my weight go down in the beginning and now I am slowly incorporating exercise into my day. So.......yes it is possible and it worked for me to go this route! Hope this helps and to others, my method was a personal choice that worked for me;-)
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    The only bad thing about MFP is that I spend too much time enjoying looking through different posts when I should really be doing assignments (cough cough.... like now .... cough cough). I find it addictive. lol.

Being a bit more serious, MFP is more than just a calorie counting website. It is also a social medium and a resource to increase your own knowledge. Believe it or not, it actually has a lot of qualities similar to that of a game (I'm a game designer btw, lol) which help motivate the player... whoops, I mean person :D.

You will find a lot of people on MFP are doing exercise, or intend to at some stage. I wasn't planning on doing weights when I first joined, but thanks to MFP forums, I learnt how important it is. MFP also introduced 30DS to my sister and I. I will be finishing it next week.

So yea, I think using MFP 'alone' will 99% of the time lead to the person doing more than simply calorie counting.
  • ronnio_ron
    Options
    hope to be one of the success stories....in all hope, its a silly hope....
  • jragan68
    jragan68 Posts: 22
    Options
    After years of struggling I happened upon this site from an app on my smart phone, I lost over 100lbs in just over a year just by exerciser that I had been doing all along and counting my calories. I never realized before I was eating 4000+ calories a day!!
  • ncarolinacat
    ncarolinacat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 lbs. in about 6 months just using myfitnesspal. I do not exercise...and I did not starve. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I just used the website...

and worked my butt off (not literally - it's actually still there, just much smaller and more perky) by eating nutritious, well-balanced meals and snacks, drinking plenty of water, and exercising regularly.
  • Clarimusic00
    Clarimusic00 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've mostly lost my 8 pounds by just using MFP... working out is really difficult for me to be motivated to do. I think I've done it 3-4 times the month and a half since I've joined.
  • sooty1munchkin
    Options
    I've tried to do other things in the past, but they've never worked.
    I've been using nothing but My Fitness Pal since January this year. So far it is the only system that has worked for me. I'm not starving myself, but every now and then it does make me rethink that extra muffin or piece of chocolate which is great.
    It's made me think more about eating the right food and has got me enjoying exercising as well.
    So far I've lost 13lbs and I'm well on the way to getting to where I want to be. Even recommended it to a few of the ladies I work with too!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I use MFP mostly to log my calories. I used Spark People before, but thought the mobile app sucked and it took to long to log things. I joined MFP because there were less clicks in the mobile app and because there was a barcode scanner. I didn't plan to use the community. Oops.

My plan: stay in calorie goal as much as possible. I don't lose if I don't watch my calories, but since I am DIY, any site that allowed me to track calories would be successful.
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 18 lbs with no exercise just counting cals. But then I realized I felt much better after a long workout. Endorphins I guess :wink:
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I had been going to the gym for 18 months with no results before i stumbled upon this MFP app for my android phone. I thought I'd give it a try...for kicks, just to see what happened.

350 days later, I'm down 87.2 pounds and I lost track of the inches I've lost, from top to bottom. I feel great, I want to exercise more than have in years. I'm actually doing 30DS level 1 and level 2, almost daily.

This isn't just about logging food though, Log your food and exercise for better results.
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to exercise regularly. I get on our home treadmill when I can, just so I can eat more, but mostly the weight loss is entirely from calorie restriction.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!