20 pounds down.... another 40 to go...

Hey everyone,
so I'm writing this in a hurry before class and before I change my mind about posting this, since I don't like putting pictures of me on a populated forum.

I started 2 months ago (definitely not a new years resolution) and already managed to lose 24 pounds.
My next goal is to be at BMI 30 by my birthday in April, which is about 6 pounds and 4 week away, so I'm pretty confident I can do it.
And the my ultimate goal is to be in my normal weight range by summer.

There are a few things that definitely have to share.
For one the reaction of my friends when I tell them I changed my eating habits and started exercising is nearly always the same. They all start at first saying how they too should change their habits (although they are perfectly good looking and healthy) and then they start making excuses why they couldn't go through with it or how they are walking to school and back every day and they "really can feel that it helps".
Second. You have to be in a good mood to fulfill your plan. I got a letter form my school telling me that they expelled me for not getting enough credits, and that was a moment I think I felt the worst in my life. The next few days until I could go to the study department and sort things out (found out it was their fault... nearly kicked the clerk in the face when he was apologizing) were horrible and although I couldn't eat I didn't give a single s**t about my MFP diary or exercising... that part of the world stopped existing for me completely. So no matter what you do you need to feel at least OK to go along with your plan... but fulfilling your plan and loosing weight makes you feel better and son on... :)
Third. I can finally fit into some clothes. I notice a while back that few T-shirts and jeans started to get embarrassingly tight so I stopped wearing them. About a week back after I weighed and measured myself I just out of curiosity put them on and found that they fit. Also I had to punch a couple of holes in my belt because the original ones were too loose... and I already used those so I better get a new belt...

Anyway here are links to my photos... I read how to post them directly here but as I said I don't have the time and I still can barely force myself to post them here...

before:
http://me.krempa.sk/before.jpg

today:
http://me.krempa.sk/after.jpg

Personally I can see some difference (mainly in the face) but I know I have a long way before I can look into the mirror and be happy with how I look..

PS sorry for the crappy background but I shot that in my dorm shower which looks like s**t...

Replies

• Dude, you can definitely tell a difference... your face especially, but even the sides are narrowing for your upper body and stomach area. Nice result, and best of luck on continued success and reaching your goals!
  • elliecup
    elliecup Posts: 1
    Fair play to you I have only started seriously and you are inspiring me ...well done
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    My next goal is to be at BMI 98 by my birthday in April, which is about 6 pounds and 4 week away, so I'm pretty confident I can do it.

BMI 98?? really hoping this is a typo :)

I can defo see a difference, yes, in your face, but also in your torso
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Amazing courage to post pics (I don't dare) and great work for losing 20 pounds! The difference is there and just think about how good you'll feel posting in another 20 pounds' time!

Go you!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member

before:
    before.jpg

today:
    after.jpg

Ahh sorry was trying to help but have no idea how to rescale! Well done :-)
  • jestersvk
    jestersvk Posts: 49
    My next goal is to be at BMI 98 by my birthday in April, which is about 6 pounds and 4 week away, so I'm pretty confident I can do it.

BMI 98?? really hoping this is a typo :)

I can defo see a difference, yes, in your face, but also in your torso

OH CRAP... I'm sorry everyone... I MEANT BMI 30 which for my height is equivalent to 98 kg ( 216 pounds)
  • jestersvk
    jestersvk Posts: 49
    I wanted to thank everyone for support....
    I've been on a few forums (not weight loss related) but everywhere it has been a flame after flame and this is the only one where a person can feel appreciated....
    Thanks again
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Hi
    Just closely looking at your pics and I can definitely see a difference in your face, your chest & tummy areas - and that's after 20 lbs - wow, keep up the good work, you will achieve your goals and be looking and feeling so good :flowerforyou:
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    doing gr8. youve lost a third so far so just that 2 more times and your there. yay you.. go for it....:smile:
  • Wil00
    Wil00 Posts: 21
    Keep up the good work man, you can really see the difference!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!