Advice: HTC Wildfire S or Samsung Galaxy Y

Options
Pidders89
Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
Hey all,

So i am looking for a new phone and i like the Samsung Galaxy Y and the HTC Wildfire. I've read very mixed reviews on both ans was wondering if anyone has either of these and what you think of them.

I have a samsung ch@t at the moment but it doesnt have android or anything on and would love to be able to use MFP on my phone

Thanks

Replies

• Charlene_91
    Charlene_91 Posts: 323
    Options
    I have HTC Wildfire and love it but personally would prefer the HTC Desire HD because of the size. But the Wildfire is a good phone all round.
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Who's your provider? if you have Verizon. Might want to look into the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
  • nymphis
    nymphis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    iPhone 4! :)
  • karen0080
    karen0080 Posts: 64
    Options
    I got the Verizon spectrum the day it came out. Great color, size and works great . My first smart phone. I find it easy to use. Good luck I know its a hard decision.
  • cybercelt
    Options
    I love HTC, I have had 3 and loved them all! Currently on the HTC Sensation XE, great screen, good camera and all round ace phone.

PS. MFP works well on it (as it did on The HTC Desire)
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We don't have the Galaxy Y over here in the UK but I know that it's Samsung's entry level product in the Galaxy series, which would in theory make it pretty comparable to the Wildfire in terms of specs.

Samsung's TouchWiz is better than HTC's Sense UiI, so generally speaking I would go with the samsung.

They will both be very similar with very little to choose between them so don't obsess about it.

Other people have said Galaxy Nexus, Desire HD or iPhone 4. Of course all 3 of these phones are better than the two you have asked about becauise they are top of line handsets, but they're also much more expensive. The Wildfire and Galaxy Y are entry level smartphones.
  • Pidders89
    Options
    I havent heard of Verizon, i am in the UK.

I should have also said i am on PAYG with 02 they do 30 day contracts and i havent found a yearly contract that gives me a better deal yet so will be buying the phone so i can't afford iphone 4's etc. :( lol

I have found the HX wildfire for £130 and the samsung for £80

xxx
  • DoncasterPhotography
    DoncasterPhotography Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt go for the Wildfire, too buggy and slow, compared to the Desire. If you have the option go for the Desire HD, Sensation or the Galaxy Sll
  • david_swinstead
    Options

Weird, I thought the Galaxy Y wasnt released here yet...
  • Pidders89
    Options

Weird, I thought the Galaxy Y wasnt released here yet...

Yeah on PAYG its £80
  • david_swinstead
    Options
    Here we go, this link should tell you everything you need to know in nice bite-size chunks :)

http://www.compare-cellphones.org/Samsung-Galaxy-Y-vs-HTC-Wildfire
  • oouurr__aayylleeyycan
    Options
    How much are the iPhone 3GS's going for now? They've obviously been superceded by the iPhone 4 and 4S so may be cheap enough to buy on PAYG, and that way you're getting a good phone with an up-to-date operating system on too xx
  • david_swinstead
    Options
    And heres another link which is similar,but this one assigns a winner based on the ranking factors it considers (spoiler: the Galaxy Y wisn)

http://geekaphone.com/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Y-vs-HTC-Wildfire
  • timjai
    timjai Posts: 113
    Options
    I got a 3GS off of ebay for £140 + p&p - bargain :P
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Push the boat out & get the best of the best. SAMSUNG S2, an amazing phone!

Russ
  • Pidders89
    Options
    And heres another link which is similar,but this one assigns a winner based on the ranking factors it considers (spoiler: the Galaxy Y wisn)

http://geekaphone.com/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-Y-vs-HTC-Wildfire

Thanks i havent spoken to anyone that says the HTC lasts 20 days without charging lol i dunno if to stick with the Samsung phones then as its cheaper but according to these overall better
  • david_swinstead
    Options
    Push the boat out & get the best of the best. SAMSUNG S2, an amazing phone!

Russ

Not a good time to get an S2, when the S3 will be out imminently.

The S2 price will drop when the S3 comes out.
  • AlbionLass
    AlbionLass Posts: 136
    Options
    Galaxy S2

Some bargain contract deals around at the moment and hopefully will be getting Ice Cream Sandwich next week.