Has anyone found a way...

Options
to make water more appealing?

I know it should be drunk in it's raw form ideally but I just don't like the taste of water much and get bored of it very quick, so I'm finding it hard to get all my water intake. Anyone got any ideas that won't counter act the benefits? I'm guessing add some low sugar squash cordial etc... but I don't know if that is just defeating the object... thoughts?

Thanks

Cat

Replies

• StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Try some herbal teas. Don't add anything else to it though. Something like Green Tea has a lot of beneficial nutrients too.
  • careyharv
    careyharv Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine uses the MiO water flavoring packets. I don't mind the taste of water so I haven't tried it yet. However, she loves it. :smile:
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Sassy water.
    Google it!

I hated water and never drank it!
    Now its just about all I have!
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Water Zero has a natural sweetener.

But I've also gotten used to plain water. I can't believe it - but I have!
  • roachtg
    roachtg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    cucumber, nice and refreshing especially during the summer months
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I started by using Crystal Light in my water and then I gradually weaned onto just plain water. Do it slow and you'll get used to the taste.
  • Ericgunner
    Ericgunner Posts: 109
    Options
    I to do not like the taste of water, so I put a dash of orange squash just enough to colour it. And this works well for me. I make up 2 L in the morning and I know exactly how much my fluid intake is. Good luck
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

This^ or any fresh fruit will do. I love strawberries in mine:)
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Be vary of artificial sweeteners though... Best thing to do is drink to live, not live to drink, same as eat to live, not live to eat. Both of these things are essential life changing philosophies a dieter should know to maintain their figure. You always trade off something when you try to find a way to cheat your diet.
  • Jazzmagic
    Jazzmagic Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Try some herbal teas. Don't add anything else to it though. Something like Green Tea has a lot of beneficial nutrients too.

I do drink herbal teas in replacement for what would normally have been standard tea and coffee, maybe I'll try upping that : )
  • ladywolfkahn
    Options
    I to hate water and just couldn't stick to drinking more than a cup or 2 a day if that. I started using Mio and the store brand of Mio and now I am able to get in 8-12 servings a day. I love the southern sweet tea and mango/peach flavors and you can make as strong or weak as your tastes want. AND since I started getting my water I have started losing again.
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    A friend of mine uses the MiO water flavoring packets. I don't mind the taste of water so I haven't tried it yet. However, she loves it. :smile:

Just googled this and it sounds awesome but don't think its available in the UK :(
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Sassy water.
    Google it!

I hated water and never drank it!
    Now its just about all I have!

This sounds awesome, I'm going to def give it a try! Thanks!
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Vitamin Water Zero has a natural sweetener.

But I've also gotten used to plain water. I can't believe it - but I have!

Yeah I've looked at these in the past, may have to give them a try, thanks!
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    I started by using Crystal Light in my water and then I gradually weaned onto just plain water. Do it slow and you'll get used to the taste.

Not sure we can get this in the UK... but I'm sure there must be something similar... thanks : )
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    I to do not like the taste of water, so I put a dash of orange squash just enough to colour it. And this works well for me. I make up 2 L in the morning and I know exactly how much my fluid intake is. Good luck

Perhaps as you say, just a little squash, just enough to flavour... hmmm I'll give it a go : )
  • Jazzmagic
    Options

This^ or any fresh fruit will do. I love strawberries in mine:)

Ooo this sounds good, a little like the sassy water as mentioned above... awesome cheers!
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    Be vary of artificial sweeteners though... Best thing to do is drink to live, not live to drink, same as eat to live, not live to eat. Both of these things are essential life changing philosophies a dieter should know to maintain their figure. You always trade off something when you try to find a way to cheat your diet.

Yeah this is what I figured... I know its supposed to be in plain form but figured that surely its better to stay properly hydrated with a variation of water than to be dehydrated, which I fear I currently am... I'll stick at it : )
  • r3d13
    r3d13 Posts: 139
    Options
    I bought MIO to try. I don't use it much because I have always loved just plan old ice water. It tastes really good. Good enough that my 7 year old no longer drinks kool-aid or pop. He drinks nothing but water with the MIO mixed in with it.
  • Jazzmagic
    Options
    I to hate water and just couldn't stick to drinking more than a cup or 2 a day if that. I started using Mio and the store brand of Mio and now I am able to get in 8-12 servings a day. I love the southern sweet tea and mango/peach flavors and you can make as strong or weak as your tastes want. AND since I started getting my water I have started losing again.

Another mention of Mio, hmmm again i don't think its available in the UK but I'm going to look round for alternatives, gotta be something out there!