How I Broke My 5 Month Plateau

Options

Replies

• antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I really want to try this as I have hit a plateau for months now. What type of food do you eat if you exercise alot?
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Me too, help! been on a 140 pound plateau for months!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amyindm
    amyindm Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I tend to undereat sometimes, and that fear is so ingrained in me from years of unhealthy dieting. Posts like this are a great reminder of what the body needs to function well. Congrats on the weight loss and healthy habits!
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Thank you :)

antihillmoby - I have my macros set at 40/30/30 carbs protein fat. I just track my saturated fat, as I eat alot of avocado and olive oil...I always try to get my protein above 100g per day, and the rest falls into place. If I'm craving something, I eat it (*most of the time in moderation - although I do go overboard sometimes). Nothing is off limits!

runfrommygenes - I'm sorry you haven't had much success :( I wonder if the 800-1000 deficit was too big? I just stick to 500 deficit and that's working for me. I wonder if there's something more going on physically - have you seen your doctor? And I appreciate the kind words about my photo - I know I can get there again if I work hard!!

mumster63 - that's GREAT you are eating more! I know it's scary to backslide, but give your body the chance to let this work for you!!!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    For those asking for help - send me a message, if you'd like, with the following information and I'll try to help :) I am no dietician, though, keep in mind! Just using the knowledge I've acquired from others and from personal experience -

How many calories do you eat now? How many do you net?

What are your workouts like? Frequency, length, type, calories burned?

What's your age/height/weight?
  • bgc85
    bgc85 Posts: 68
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • jljc_2010
    jljc_2010 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!!
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    LOL. You obviously didn't read the entire post. :tongue:
    201.5 lbs?? that can't be you in the profile pic ??
  • kerrphy_2011
    Options
    Great work!! Congratulations on breaking the plateau!!!
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Congrats on figuring it out!! Great job. I have a BodyMedia Fit too and LOVE it!! Keep up the great work!
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post. You've inspired me to buy a heart rate monitor!
  • morningrunner
    morningrunner Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this and congrats on your success! I've been plateaued for over a year and I just got a BMF as well. It's been very informative. I've upped my calories and am gaining a little bit right now (but some measurements have gone down). Hoping that, in the long run, this works for me too!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Thanks everyone! and I love my body media fit...opened my eyes so much :) and HRMs are good too!!!

And I'm so glad you brought up measurements - during the time that I started upping my calories, I didn't lose any weight at first, but I lost 7 inches, so my body was changing. Now the scale is just catching up!
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is in response to Mamoojac. Don't give up. I almost started to and I weighed again the next day after a BAD day and had lost. Just hang in there.
  • gleechick609
    Options
    IF ONLY EVERYONE WOULD LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you for taking the sustainable, healthy approach at weight loss! You won't be disappointed in the end! Have you figured your macros? 1 gram of protein per lean body mass and .45 grams of fat per lean body mass. Carbs will fill in the rest. Follow this, lift heavy and you will be AMAZED at what your body will look like in the end :)
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    *Jumps up and down while releasing streamers*
    Great job!!! SO proud of you for sticking in there and staying with it!!!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    LOL. You obviously didn't read the entire post. :tongue:
    201.5 lbs?? that can't be you in the profile pic ??

I did read the entire post silly..... she edited in that it was a older pic after I commented ;)
  • BamaGirl_Tricia
    BamaGirl_Tricia Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Just don't give up. I was ready to a couple of days ago after a BAD day and I weighed the next day and had lost more. Jus't hang in there.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is awesome...I am trying so hard to convince people to start eating....I too learned the hard way eating from 1200-1350-1500 and finally 1800 to start loosing weight and feeling so much better. I lost 7.2lbs in the 13wks I have been doing it and have hit another plateau so I have upped my cals again to 1950 to hit my 15% cut from my TDEE. I have backed up off all the high cardio burns because it is just too much to eat...

People don't realize you burn 1000 cals and eat only 1900

That is just like not exercising and only eating 900 a day....way under BMR. We women do that ALL the time...some don't even eat 1900 but a mere 1200 and burn high calories...just starving ourselves to death.

I started a group because I was overwhelmed by wonderful people wanting to learn more about eating more....since starting the group this past Saturday we are over 240 strong...

Anyone is welcomed! Feel free to join and I even posted this topic out there because this is just awesome!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!