Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

without mfp i would...

Replies

• sammi402
    sammi402 Posts: 232 Member
    Lost weight using Weight Watchers or Slimming World instead. I'd also be poorer for it.

I too have been thinking about joining WW. I lost like 40 lbs with the Shape virtual trainer and then MFP but somehow I lost motivation throughout the holidays and have packed on a few....or maybe more than a few :)

Has anyone tried WW online? Is there system that much better? Because their rates are pretty pricey and considering MFP is similar to WW online it makes you wonder how a business like WW will stay in business.

PS anyone need friends on here? I would like to add some more buddies to help motivate me. I'm a 26 year old female hoping to lose 25 to 30 lbs. ADD ME!

I actualy use WW online now. I love it. It's cheaper than the meetings and I think it's worth the money. I got onto this site through a weight loss challenge @ work. It's fun and helpful, and now I know how many calories I eat, but I wouldn't give up my WW and use just MFP.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    I would be sitting on my butt gaining more weight wishing I had the energy to loose weight lol,so many amazing people on here are so motivating!!
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    have spent a ton of money shopping online :blushing:
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    waste more time on facebook instead... and weight about 400 pounds...
  • _Tristan_
    _Tristan_ Posts: 221 Member
    be 30 lbs heavier.:noway:

^this!

^this too and still wondring how...
  • BLSBoyer
    BLSBoyer Posts: 36 Member
    have not had the focus I needed to keep going! <3 MFP!!!

17816880.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 479 Member
    with out mfp i would...be 30 pounds heavier and still getting winded just walking up the stairs to my house. I would probably get a lot more school work done with out being on here ALL day lol but I wouldnt trade it for the world. I love the people I have met on here and the tools I have learned for living a healthier life style.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Actually have to WORK at work. :noway:
  • tenshiblue
    tenshiblue Posts: 150 Member
    have to upgrade my work uniform size :( Good thing I joined so I didn't go through the embarrassment of talking to someone on the phone about upgrading to a larger size!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Loving all the responses thanks everyone :)
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,012 Member
    ... once again be very productive at work ... wait, what? :noway:

.... and of course be 50lbs heavier. :wink:

Hmmmmm ... chubby productive worker vs. fit MFP addict ... I'll take the later thank you very much! :drinker:
  • still be fat and have to speak to my fiance lol
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    ...still be over 200 pounds, "wishing" I could change my body, buying too-small clothes I see on sale because I totally plan to lose weight soon...would not have the confidence in myself and my abilities, would still never have run a mile or seen progress and strength with my body...would still be kinda lost. I LOVE this site!!
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    ..........I would have never joined a gym.

..........I would have never hired a personal trainer.

..........I wouldn't understand the importance of eating back my exercise calories.

..........I wouldn't have a clue what "clean eating" means.

..........I wouldn't have wanted to try lifting.......at all...........EVER. Now it's a goal of mine.
  • T0nie2
    T0nie2 Posts: 17 Member
    Lost weight using Weight Watchers or Slimming World instead. I'd also be poorer for it.

I too have been thinking about joining WW. I lost like 40 lbs with the Shape virtual trainer and then MFP but somehow I lost motivation throughout the holidays and have packed on a few....or maybe more than a few :)

Has anyone tried WW online? Is there system that much better? Because their rates are pretty pricey and considering MFP is similar to WW online it makes you wonder how a business like WW will stay in business.

PS anyone need friends on here? I would like to add some more buddies to help motivate me. I'm a 26 year old female hoping to lose 25 to 30 lbs. ADD ME!

I actualy use WW online now. I love it. It's cheaper than the meetings and I think it's worth the money. I got onto this site through a weight loss challenge @ work. It's fun and helpful, and now I know how many calories I eat, but I wouldn't give up my WW and use just MFP.

thanks for the info!
  • Lost weight using Weight Watchers or Slimming World instead. I'd also be poorer for it.

Yes, I've tried WW Online. And basically I was paying for something that I can get for FREE on MFP with more support even the food database is more extensive.
  • heather_elise85
    heather_elise85 Posts: 69 Member
    never count my calories!
  • fluteypie
    fluteypie Posts: 42 Member
    Without MFP I would be 17lbs heavier and have pretty bad eating/exercising habits. I'm managing 1200-1300 cals/day when I used to be eating 1800-2000 and I feel SO much better internally and externally now.
  • Crimson21
    Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
    would not be able to continue without the support of my friends!!
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    be up 2 lbs....:))