To log or not to log...

Options
2»

Replies

• chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    ENJOY YOUR VACATION - it isn't as if you will be doing this every week or all year... I agree with the LIFE IS TOO SHORT - enjoy every single moment and bite during this time... :)
  • wlgreen379
    wlgreen379 Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I'm leaning strongly toward not logging, but I have a fear of letting go...
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It can be so hard to log food that you do not make or that is not specifically listed in MFP. I have tried and it gets frustrating. Was my meal 500 calories or 1500 calories??? Just drink a lot of water and make good choices. Don't mess with logging. Have a great time!!!
    ^^ this
  • mountaingirl222
    Options
    Why not log? Maybe it will give you better incentive to try and make healthier food choices! I would log, just so I could see where my trouble areas start when eating out :) Have a great vacation!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I haven't read everybody's else's posts, but I would not worry about logging on, enjoy yourself, and watch what you eat, and if you feel like an indulgent treat once in a while, I say go for it.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    ENJOY YOUR VACATION - it isn't as if you will be doing this every week or all year... I agree with the LIFE IS TOO SHORT - enjoy every single moment and bite during this time... :)

Definately take the time off, enjoy yourself without going overboard...one thing I would say though is when you come back, DON'T WEIGH-IN!!...get back on track as soon as you get back and give yourself at least a week before you weigh-in! Its less disheartening because you can carry alot of bloat and water weight after being away.

Have a brill time, enjoy yourself x
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options

Definately take the time off, enjoy yourself without going overboard...one thing I would say though is when you come back, DON'T WEIGH-IN!!...get back on track as soon as you get back and give yourself at least a week before you weigh-in! Its less disheartening because you can carry alot of bloat and water weight after being away.

Have a brill time, enjoy yourself x
    I agree with the not weighing in idea!
  • curvygirl512
    curvygirl512 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Time with our kiddos is important. I'd rather spend time with family than log, whether I'm on vacation or not. If you can find the time and want to log, go for it. But I would make quality time with the family my #1 priority. Have a great vacation!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Personally, I log everything, especially when I'm not home. It helps me make more informed decisions for later in life. IMO, I don't think that a vacation means that it's okay to not keep up with the same lifestyle you're trying to create. Besides, it only takes a couple minutes to enter everything for the day in. :)
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I would log just out of curiosity. However, I would enjoy the vacation and not be so strict on keeping within limits.