FOR LADIES ONLY... I NEED YOUR HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• pelelovesme1011
    Options
    I try to drink A LOT of water and actually find that cleaning the house helps take my mind off of it :laugh:
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    if i'm craving something sweet i have a bag of smart food it's whole and really tasty my daughter loves the stuff,always have it in the house.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I crave salt during my TOM. I am blessed that I don't have a sweet tooth :ohwell: but bring on the salt!!! :laugh:
  • 2catowner
    2catowner Posts: 94
    Options
    Go exercise first... Tell yourself you can eat whatever you want when you get back, but exercise first. By the time you are finished, you won't want to eat and if you do, you will have "earned" extra calories to help compensate for any binging. Keep naughty foods out of the house. If you have to have chocolate, try the Kellogs Fiber Plus bars. They are only 110 calories each... very chocolaty and full of fiber. If you overindulge.. you will have some nasty results, but you won't gain any weight!

great suggestion!
  • betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    I too have a question regarding TOM / water retention. It's probably going to be hard to answer. I had a hysterectomy this April. I was able to keep both ovaries....so with no weightloss this week....I'm wondering, being I still have hormones and being minus a uterus, if my hormones were to be at the time of their cycle....would I still retain water? I'm too pudgy yet to tell. And like I said with not having an actual TOM, would the hormones still tell my body to retain water? I'm frustrated this week with no loss :frown:

In my personal experience, the only time I retain water is when I'm not drinking enough in the first place. If I'm not drinking enough, then my body just holds on to every drop it gets.
  • TrinaXL
    TrinaXL Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    For some reason, I tend to crave extra protein in wierd (for me) forms... i almost always treat myself to a fried egg, and some sort of red meat (neither of those are things i eat a lot of or prefer over chicken, etc...) I find that if I get lots of protein and complex carbs, drink more water than usual, and push myself to exercise (who WANTS to exercise then?? lol), I am more able to avoid pigging out on crappy food choices. In a way, it makes sense that your body might just need a little extra during TOM. Make it healthy, stay strong and committed, do not give yourself excuses, and listen to all the other great suggestions already posted.... especially the ones about "earning" extra cals for junk by working out, and frozen squares of dark chocolate....mmmmm.... heeheehee

I crave protien too. i usually head for beef jerky or nuts but a boiled or fried egg satisfies me too. it's odd, but nice, cause it's not that 'empty' feeling after binging on cookies.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Peppermint Tea! When ever I have a craving I have a cup of peppermint tea, it's soothing and gets my mind off chocolate. Then at the end of the day if I have been good I let myself have a chocolate pudding cup or low fat brownie. I can last better all day if I know I'll be rewarded for it at the end of the day!