higher protein snacks

Options
I am trying to increase my protein intake without adding to my carb intake. Anyone have any good suggestions for foods that are higher in protein and have little to no carbs?

Replies

• Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Eas advantedge protien shakes! My fav atm!
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually have cold meat or low fat cheese! Also fish like tuna... they are not quite crisps and chcolates, but they fill me up and a lot of companys do snack sizes of most of these!! Babybel light, fridge raiders... all lovely and convinient to eat!
  • Lynn995
    Lynn995 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on hard boiled eggs or just egg whites if I think I am eating too much cholesterol. Cheese sticks are also good and filling.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    Here is a recipe I modified that is easy to make. It stays well in the fridge for up to 6 days or can be frozen. If frozen, put them in the fridge overnight before eating. I got it from oxygenmag.com. I put 2 today on a ziplog bag and just finished eating it. They are delish.

Clean Eggs, Ham and Cheese Muffins
    Servings: 12 (medium sized muffin pan)

Nutrition:
    Calories: 82
    Carbs: 2
    Fat: 3
    Protein: 11

14 Egg Whites
    4 Whole Eggs
    4 Oz Canadian Bacon
    1.5 Oz Cheese (I used Merlot Bellavitano Cheese , your calories per serving might be a bit lower with a low cal cheese)
    4 Oz pepper (I used red and yellow)
    1 Stock Green Onion
    0.5 tsp dried Oregano
    Dash of Salt and Pepper
    Oil Spray
    Recipe also calls for shredded carrots, zucchini, and parsley but I didn't have any.

Preheat oven to 375
    Dice / Chop vegetables, canadian bacon, cheese and mix in a bowl
    Mix Eggs with egg whites
    Spray muffin pan with oil spray
    Add a bit of the egg mixture to the muffin pan
    Add the ham/cheese/vegetable mix to the muffin pan. I used a spoon and eye balled the proportion.
    Fill the rest with the egg mixture (recipe says to fill all the way, I did this and it spilled over so you might want to fill it to a tad below the top.
    Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the muffins raise and are slighlty golden on top.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    With out increasing carb intake....there are different protein bars out there that have less carbs check out cliffs protein bars.
    Also cottage cheese, low fat, I have it with alittle truvia and fruit as a snack.
    greek yogurt...plain add some vanilla and sweetener..and fruit.
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I love these, Ostrim Beef/Ostrich meat sticks. Not too much sodium, lean and about 1.5g of fat with 80 calories, 14g protein and 2 carbs. Tastes similar to slim jims but vastly better. The same company, Protos, inc. sells alot of healthy meat snacks that aren't stuffed full of chemicals other than those needed to preserve meat.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Have some chicken meat Mr. Foreman! Great low cal, low carb, but awesome protein!

((And yes, I spelled meat wrong on purpose!))
  • darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am trying to increase my protein intake without adding to my carb intake. Anyone have any good suggestions for foods that are higher in protein and have little to no carbs?

Nature's Best Zero Carb Protein Powder. 25 grams of protein, only 105 calories and 0 carbs.

I get mine through dpsnutrition.com
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Have some chicken meat Mr. Foreman! Great low cal, low carb, but awesome protein!

((And yes, I spelled meat wrong on purpose!))

the original white meat !