Article in Muscle and Fitness Hers

Options
I just read an article in Muscle and Fitness Hers, outlining a four week plan for food and exercise. Nicely laid out, and I liked the fact that the food was very specific and not a lot of exotic ingredients. However, I'm a little confused by some of the "snacks" that are built into the plan. One of them is listed as Late Morning Snack: 1 tbsp peanut butter, natural + 2 rice cakes, brown rice/multigrain + 1 scoop whey protein. What in the world would I do with the protein powder?

Replies

• Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mix it with 6-8 oz of water and drink it up.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You could mix it into a glass of water and drink it, or you could mix it into the peanut butter and spread that on top of the rice cakes :) For breakfast this morning I just blended up a cup of milk, a banana, and a scoop of whey protein, sooo good and it keeps me full until lunch time!
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I"m so used to using the protein powder in baking protein bars, it really never occurred to me to just drink it in water. And since I'm not a big peanut butter fan, I figured that much protein powder mixed in with such a small amount of peanut butter might make it taste REALLY nasty. ;-)