shot of vinegar anyone!?

Options

Replies

• wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    BRAGG ORGANIC RAW-UNFILTERED APPLE CIDER VINEGAR (with the mother) Do a search on the internet of all the benefits. You will be amazed. Krogers carries it and I think you can buy it at health food stores. Its about 4 dollars for 32 fluid oz.

How much and how often?
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You mix 2 tsp. with 2 tsp. of honey and 8 oz. of warm water, twice a day. I have not taken a pill for my GURD in over a month. It helps with joint pain also.

I'll try it. I have heartburn and joint issues.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I use enough vinegar on other stuff (salad, chicken marinade, etc). So hopefully I'm reaping the benefits without having to guzzle it. :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I know people don't take a lot of stock in what Dr. Oz says. But, I saw an episode where he said if you are eating a high carb meal, (pasta, bread, etc), vinegar helps block the carbs from being absorbed (or something like that). So, he suggested using balsamic vinegar in your pasta or dipping your bread in it, or just taking a tablespoon of it.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Vinegar is less acidic than stomach acid, I've had less tummy issues since starting to take it. I do dilute it or it will burn your throat.
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I tryed a shot of braggs vinagar a couple of weeks ago. Burned like fire in my throat and all the way down. I can believe it will burn up something, or cleanse your guts of something, very astringic. I love my vinagar but think from now on I will have it on my salads or spinach or something to cool the burn.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I drink one TBSP of ACV with 2 glasses of water per day. I am not sure if it has helped me to lose weight, but I do not feel as bloated...even during my cycle!!
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I use acv on pasta noticed I have less tummy bloat
  • Rikib004
    Rikib004 Posts: 51
    Options
    May have to give it a whirl... Seems theres a lot of benefits
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Bleck. I think I'll let my liver detoxify itself. That is, after all, what it's designed to do.
  • Rohbean
    Rohbean Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Wow... Apple Cider Vinegar (Organic) by Bragg has reviews on Amazon.com.
    http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Unfiltered/dp/B0006Z7NOK
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 capfulls in 16oz of water with a straw (they say it's better for your teeth if you use a straw). I have found that it helps my digestive system :) I've been drinking it for about 3 weeks and since I have some digestive issues I'm very happy with it. Good luck.
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about taking it for health reason's but I had a sore throat recently. Someone told me to take a shot of vinegar. Oh boy...NEVER again! I choked on it bc it was so strong. It seemed to help my sore throat although that may be been because it made it numb for a while!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I wash my liver with beer.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I take 2 tablespoons of organic, unfiltered, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar every morning and then chase it with about a cup of water. It's foul-tasting stuff so I just take it straight like a shot and then rinse my mouth really well and drink a lot. I do it first thing in the morning, well, third thing, after peeing and weighing myself. Then I finish getting ready for work and brush my teeth last (15-20 minutes later). A friend who is a dental hygienist said I should wait at least 15 minutes after taking vinegar before brushing. The vinegar can slightly soften the outer bit of enamel and brushing immediately could brush away some enamel.

I've been doing it for about a week and a half now. I noticed a little bit of loss last week (this week too, but I started the 17 day diet on Monday). Mostly I do it for reflux. Every time I get stressed (we're in the middle of redoing our floors and stairs), I get reflux. I wanted to fix it without medication. The vinegar seems to help.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about taking it for health reason's but I had a sore throat recently. Someone told me to take a shot of vinegar. Oh boy...NEVER again! I choked on it bc it was so strong. It seemed to help my sore throat although that may be been because it made it numb for a while!

A TBSP of honey is great for a sore throat. I couldn't imagine using vinegar for a sore throat.
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options

A TBSP of honey is great for a sore throat. I couldn't imagine using vinegar for a sore throat.

Maybe i'll try the honey next time. Never again with the vinegar!
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    bump
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options

Maybe i'll try the honey next time. Never again with the vinegar!

I don't blame you! :wink:
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    bump..