30 Day Shred opinions?

Options
merapp9
merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
I have been debating buying and starting the 30 Day Shred DVD. I don't have a problem getting to the gym and staying activie but I need to mix things up. I hear great things about it but I wanted everyone's opinion.

Thanks! I'm looking for more friends on here to inspire me so please request me as your friend!

Replies

• JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've only completed level one, and I am pleased with the results so far. I can see a definite difference in my arms, legs, butt, and stomach. It's definitely tough though. Good luck!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I like it... especially on unmotivated days where I don't want to leave my pajamas.

The levels are only 20 minutes each, but they still DEFINITELY get you sweating. I've never completed it in an actual 30 day period, but I've seen plenty of great success stories on the forums here. For me personally, it definitely made a difference, even without doing it "like you're supposed to."

It's essentially how I lost my first 5 or 6lbs. It's exclusively what I did.
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Love it! Highly recomended!
  • cyndi2012
    cyndi2012 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It definitely does the job, but it can be pretty tough, especially when you advance to the higher levels. Add me if you'd like!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    DO IT! I have shown better results in 3 weeks shredding than 5 mos with a personal trainer. I suggest this work out to everyone.
  • jonnaharman
    Options
    I have a question before I go out and by this dvd. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which means I have joint issues. Now I do walk everyday for at least 3 miles. I also have a job where I am on my feet all day very physical job lots of lifting and stuff. I really try not to let the RA limit me. Do you think someone with joint issues could do this dvd or would it be to difficult?
  • JessicaPiche89
    JessicaPiche89 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been doing level 1 and 2 for about a month. I know I should move on but I'm scared of level 3 ;) Anyway. I've lost over 7lbs and 7 inches doing the shred and tracking foods :-D
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I did day 1 & 2 so far and then I started another bootcamp type program this week so I haven't gone back to it. I think I'll do it tonight. I workout a lot and I thought level 1 was pretty easy. I'm looking forward to moving on to level 2 & 3.

I go to Mexico in 2 months so maybe this will help me with th extra inches on my belly.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I love/hate it! I was completely out of shape when I started, and it was really tough. (It still is). But the time commitment is minimal, and I am really seeing my strength build and my body getting toned. I am currently at 140, so I'm finally getting lean enough to see some of the muscles! I can do level 2 100% advanced, and level 3 about 50% advanced. I have done this for much longer than 30 days as it is such a great all over workout.
  • Madi0731
    Madi0731 Posts: 4
    Options
    we did level one for a week or so then moved to level 2- how long are you supposed to be on each level?
  • mdh1127
    mdh1127 Posts: 93
    Options
    I would recommend this dvd. It is a challenge at level 2 and I am not looking forward/looking forward to level 3.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym 3 or 4 days a week and I use the Shred on the days when I don't have time. For 20 minutes its a great workout and I would definitely recommend it :smile:
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If a dumbell curl aggravates your RA, I don't recommend it, but if you can do a dumbell curl comfortably then go for it. You will also need to be able to hold the weights out infront you out eye level...maybe 3lb weights to start with.
  • dara516
    dara516 Posts: 68
    Options
    I love 30 Day Shred. Jillian will be both your best friend and your worst enemy; but in the end you will be stronger and leaner. I totally recommend it.
  • Wildgirl10
    Options
    I'm loving it!!! I did 11 days on level one and yesterday moved to level II. I'm loving level II so far and I am seeing a difference,,my clothes fit awesome.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I've been doing level 1 and 2 for about a month. I know I should move on but I'm scared of level 3 ;) Anyway. I've lost over 7lbs and 7 inches doing the shred and tracking foods :-D

That's fantastic!!

I was really scared of level 3 as well. (especially b/c level 2 kicked my butt for soooo long) But really it's not harder than level 1 was when you first started. In fact there are a few moves that I find quite easy. There are also a few moves that I cannot even come close to finishing. So I just keep working at it, trying to increase the number of reps I can manage every few days. Level 3 does have a lot more jumping moves.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I did it, and it was a "short" workout for when you don't have much time. I thought it was rather boring though...just saying. Anything you do is good, as long as its not sitting and eating and watching tv. lol
  • HeaderAutumn
    HeaderAutumn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have a question before I go out and by this dvd. I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which means I have joint issues. Now I do walk everyday for at least 3 miles. I also have a job where I am on my feet all day very physical job lots of lifting and stuff. I really try not to let the RA limit me. Do you think someone with joint issues could do this dvd or would it be to difficult?

I think you will be ok by describing your work. Just pay close attention to your body and maybe don't push yourself to much until you are really familiar with what is coming next. I am only an LMT but my understanding is these strength excercises will help you in the long run.
  • jwelbornscott
    jwelbornscott Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a great workout and you will see results if you work hard. I frequently get on the treadmill for 20 to 40 minutes beforehand because it seems I need to be really warmed up before I do it or I get too winded. I am on level 3. It's hard but it's fun, too.
  • teresama
    teresama Posts: 2
    Options
    My daughter and I have been doing it now for a few weeks and let me tell ya, it is a work out. It's non stop and Jillian really keeps you moving. I highly recommend it.