Low carb dinners?

Options
I am having trouble having the amount or less than the recommended amount of daily carbs. What are some nutritious low carb meals that are higher in calories (not exceedingly.)

Replies

• eeebee
    eeebee Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Try using cauliflower rice instead of normal rice (or do half-half) which is a good start :)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    i just have all my regular meals without the potatoes,rice/pasta/bread etc. (well, mabey just a little :0). try shiritake noodles (iget mine from japancentre - but loads of japanese food sites do them) they have 6 cals per 100g.
  • LisamarieBond14
    LisamarieBond14 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I try to eat crackers instead of bread - it's just like having a sandwich, but I love bread so I struggle!
  • EwalkerP
    EwalkerP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy whole wheat pita bread (toasted) sandwiches, with a juicy tomato (so I won't add fatty condiments). Sandwich thins are good too (http://www.arnoldbread.com/Thins/)
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is a good pasta replacement, too. You'll learn to eat dinner and not expect / need bread at the table. :)

I also second cauliflower rice. Made fried "rice" like this and it was delicious and not weird in terms of texture or anything.