Chewing longer

Options
Enonoid
Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
Does chewing your food until you bite your tongue a way to satisfy your hunger? I know I have a bad habit of not wasting time when I eat, but I am curious to know if I slow down and chew longer, will I get full faster?

Replies

• tarabear826
    Options
    It takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that your stomach is full. You know how much damage we could do in 20 minutes? Plus the more you chew, the easier it is on your digestive system when it comes to breaking it down. If you eat slower, you won't necessarily get full faster, but you will definitely not be overstuffed once your brain gets that signal.
  • RCSimmonds
    Options
    slowing down a bit is okay, but I read that if you chew too much it takes a much shorter time to digest the food, and therefore you feel hungrier sooner.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I do feel fuller for longer if I take my time chewing food. Some foods are a pain to chew sometimes and I have to swallow half and chew the rest lol, so it's like twice the work, or that I just put to much on my fork lol.

I tend to wait between each fork full when playing video games, but when watching TV it's usually being wolfed down, so I have to sort of slow down a bit and chew a bit longer, drink in between fork fulls.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    It takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that your stomach is full. You know how much damage we could do in 20 minutes? Plus the more you chew, the easier it is on your digestive system when it comes to breaking it down. If you eat slower, you won't necessarily get full faster, but you will definitely not be overstuffed once your brain gets that signal.

Tara, 20 minutes would be devastating... to any buffet place of our choosing. HA HA
  • tarabear826
    Options
    MAN, don't I know it... Lol.