1200 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I find 1200 calories a day almost impossible to manage especially if I work out. Does anyone have any advice. I usually stick to about 1500-1600/day but burn off around 300 in exercise. I get really hungry if I only have 1200 and am afraid that I will go into starvation mode if I eat that little and lose nothing!

What is your target weight loss?
    Your profile says you ony have half a stone left, so it would be worth changing your settings to half a pound loss a week.
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    I find 1200 calories a day almost impossible to manage especially if I work out. Does anyone have any advice. I usually stick to about 1500-1600/day but burn off around 300 in exercise. I get really hungry if I only have 1200 and am afraid that I will go into starvation mode if I eat that little and lose nothing!

I'm confused. If you're eating 1500-1600 but doing 300 in exercise, then you ARE pretty much sticking to your 1200 calorie goal aren't you? ie - You're eating your 1200, burning 300 in exercise, then eating back that 300 exactly as MFP advises.

I'm on a 1200 goal too, and generally burn/eat back about 300 cals, so we're about the same ;)
  • antihillmoby
    antihillmoby Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Sorry, yes that did sound a bit silly. What I mean is on the days i don't exercise (maybe twice a week) it's hard to stick to 1200 calories only.
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    I have it set at half a pound which gives me 1290/day but find I am generally eating between 1500-1600/day but do exercise 5 times a wk.
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    Yep it's real slow progress!
  • zoeluiisa
    zoeluiisa Posts: 392
    Options
    It is hard, isn't it? 1200 is very quickly used up! (I'm set at a pound a week - if I dropped to 1/2 a pound I would get a few extra calories, but I quite like having a kind of buffer to innacurate calorie counting).
  • antihillmoby
    Options
    Might try that!
  • cournae
    cournae Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1200 is tough for me too. I usually hit 1100 or 1200 by the time I get home from work around 7. I find when I'm craving something greasy/high calorie for dinner at night after work, I force myself to hit the gym. Its a distraction from the fridge! I usually lose that craving after working out, too, and have a piece of fruit when I get home