Has anyone tried the Acai diet thing??

Options
Just wondering... I've been thinking of trying it.

Replies

• Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Just wondering... I've been thinking of trying it.

i haven't tried it but have read everywhere that it is a scam. it says free trial. you pay for shipping then you can;t cancel the debit and they take 50 or more dollars after 3 days if you don;t cancel. read the small print carefully if you do things like that. i know a lot of people have been stung.

also its another scheme it has to be other wise they would sell it as a normal product. they must be raking in the money. just be careful you don't fall for a scam
    Ben
    :smile:
  • qtkt1
    qtkt1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Everyone says it's a scam.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    I agree, Its a scam. they tried to get me too. that free trial will end up costing you $100's .... and yes, if its such a miracle, we would have known about it by now, right???
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Some people who don't take antioxidants or get enough in their diet will feel better taking it and are more inclined to exercise more. But it wont magically burn off fat or make you lose weight any faster than with diet and exercise alone.

I get Acai from an actual store or eBay (liquid caps) ... And I take it because it seems to help my immunity. I haven't caught a virus once since I started back in February.

As for any "diet" that might come with it ... nothing more than the basics: eat every 2-3 hours, eat within 30 minutes of waking up, don't eat within 3-4 hours of going to bed, drink 8-10 glasses of water, high fiber, 4-5 servings of veggies/fruit, exercise ...

Definitely don't go for those free trials!
  • betheranne
    betheranne Posts: 44
    Options
    I know someone who tried, and she just about went crazy trying to cancel. None of the supposed phone numbers to cancel it worked. They took quite a bit of money before she could get it stopped.
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    I have observed that all those diet pills whether natural like berries or not, have one common denominator. They all state you need to drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water per day while using the pills. Struck me as interesting so I tried just drinking the water to see if that would help and lo and behold it did wonders for my skin, digestive system and water retention. Don't buy the pills ... drink water.

:smile:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you wanna try it, look up Puritan's Pride ... that's the place I get it if I can't find it on eBay for any cheaper and there aren't any autoshipping.

Again, it's good for overall health ... not so much for losing weight or dropping fat easier than what you're doing now. I actually didn't feel any different; but I did noticed as I was finishing off the first bottle that a few viruses passed through my home and I didn't catch any of them.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just go to a health food store and get Acai juice or capsules. No advertised diet works. If it did then we wouldn't be the fattest nation in the world.
  • smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    Options
    I used to take Acai Berry supplement pills. They did not help with dieting, but they improved my immune system tremendously!!!! :smile:
  • mornin
    mornin Posts: 53
    Options
    Hi
    I tried the free sample . I did not know they small print about charging the card every month until I got the product. So I called my Credit card service. They had the number. I cancelled and had no problem. So I just paid the shipping of $1.95
    Not sure if it'll help. I just started.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    don't sign up for anything

but the acai berries are totally good for you, i would try getting the liquid caps off ebay like another mfp poster said. i don't take it, but i have heard amazing things from people that have.