TRIM TUMMY PEOPLE.....HOW????

Options
Fat is dissapearing from everywhere, including the tatas...but for the love of god the belly fat is hanging on for dear damn life. Those of you with the trim tums...HOW DO YOU DO IT???

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    "If you've got a big gut and you start doing sit-ups, you are going to get bigger because you build up the muscle. You've got to get rid of that fat! How do you get rid of fat? By changing your diet. "
  • sportyskylar
    Options
    work on your core! planks!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Lose more weight until the fat is gone. There's no trick to it.
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    eat more proteins in the morning, and don't eat too late in the evening.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Genetics :ohwell: I get "love handles," but very rarely gain in the front of my tummy. My sister and mother are the other way around. Your body just puts fat where it wants, unfortunately. That said, pilates, yoga, and planks can't hurt!
  • angelamuse
    angelamuse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was always told first to come last to regarding the tummy. Diet really does help the tummy go away. Lots of protein, high fiber, low carbs. I still have a tummy, but it is slowly disappearing. It does seem like it takes forever. Oh yeah, if you booze, that kills all efforts of flattening your mid-section.
  • katemiddletonisawesome
    Options
    It's the Visceral fat thats a killer. You only lose this by doing extreme cardio and watching your diet. (By extreme I mean minimum of 60 minutes a day.)

http://www.livestrong.com/article/362728-programs-for-visceral-fat-loss/
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    "If you've got a big gut and you start doing sit-ups, you are going to get bigger because you build up the muscle. You've got to get rid of that fat! How do you get rid of fat? By changing your diet. "

that makes a LOT OF SENSE ACTUALLY WOW.... lightbulb sorry! but wow I never thought about it like that
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    cutting back on processed foods; i.e. fast and fried foods, etc.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Balanced diet, mild calorie deficit, excersize, and time.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I was always a belly fat person.. until I started running. Ask a runner, our bellies are flat. It melts off like butter. Then I began working my core to define it out. I use bootcamp to do the core work, since nearly every exercise is a core one. It's worked wonders for me.
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    i make sure to work out my abs at least twice a day, morning and night!! i do 15 minutes of continuous ab exercises, most of them here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkKCVCZe474 and i use WEIGHTS when i do most of them. there are so many tiny little muscles in your core, you need to make sure you do exercises to hit ALL of them!! and dont stop for rests in between when you do!!

its important to watch your diet, big tummy bloaters are sugars, sodium and carbs. DONT eat candy (duh) limit the sodium (duh). you also NEED to eat 1200+ calories a day. based on my experience, when i was anorexic i still had a round belly and i suppose it was because all my cals/fat were being conserved right there. so i ate more quantity of healthy foods and it was good. also, MAKE SURE YOU EAT YOUR PROTEIN

the key is persistence. abs are the HARDEST thing to work out but it is most certainly possible. at times when youre exercising youre going to be like, whyyy ammm iii doiinnnggg thiisssss but you have to really want it to have it. and itll be yours!
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    Its funny you asked that b/c I just read this morning the man that does the infomercials on some ab thing....claims that's how he got his 6 pack abs, acutally said he didn't get it from that machine, or any other workout, he got it b/c of his diet. Go figure huh? Hey if it means I can avoid the dreaded sit up, I'm all for it. :)
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Nothing is required except a calorie deficit. No need to cut any specific foods out or do specific exercises. Planks and core exercises will help 'tighten up' that area, as far as muscles, but to make it appear flat and muscular, it requires losing body fat, which is done through a simple caloric deficit.

eta: Belly fat is one of the more stubborn areas for many people, it hangs on until the bitter end.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Lot's of cardio and eating right........
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Exercise is not even required(it only helps you create calorie deficits), to the people talking about doing 1hr+ cardio. Calorie deficit. Repeat after me... :bigsmile:
  • hotelsierra
    Options
    Nothing is required except a calorie deficit. No need to cut any specific foods out or do specific exercises. Planks and core exercises will help 'tighten up' that area, as far as muscles, but to make it appear flat and muscular, it requires losing body fat, which is done through a simple caloric deficit.

eta: Belly fat is one of the more stubborn areas for many people, it hangs on until the bitter end.

^^^^^ I agree 100% but would like to add, CARDIO! ! :noway:
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was always a belly fat person.. until I started running. Ask a runner, our bellies are flat. It melts off like butter. Then I began working my core to define it out. I use bootcamp to do the core work, since nearly every exercise is a core one. It's worked wonders for me.

I wish I could say the same thing. I'm a runner too but the belly fat is most certainly not melting off of me. I've been losing everywhere else but I still look 6 months pregnant.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Black magic is how I got mine.
  • coreykantola
    Options
    Eating Properly is number 1 then. . . Crunches, Planks, Burpees, on and on and on and good core work. I do abs 4-5 days a week about 15-20 minutes, but intense. P90x abs, P90x-2 abs, Insanity abs, insanity Cardio abs. They are hard to get and easy to lose.
    Keep going and you will have the body you want, it just takes time dedication and hard work.

Good Luck!