The Difference Between Just Doing Cardio and Incorporating L

Options
This is the difference.

photo-1-21.jpg

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Yup yup. Lifting weights (heavy) makes the difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Novikay
    Novikay Posts: 62
    Options
    thank you! So many women are afraid to lift. No need to be afraid! Am I bulky? No.
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    What do you do when you lift? I need to do something.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    but darlin, you look amazing in the first shot! also....how did you do it? did you feel intimidated at the gym?
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    First off WOOO lifting...second with the pictures it makes it hard to tell the difference, might be easier to see standing or full body...no matter what you're doing awesome!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • lyndsei
    lyndsei Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Great transformation!!! I am lifting with my husband :) Nothing like the male infuence to push ya through a tough lift session! you rock girlie!!!!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!! :heart: Did you have a certain workout plan everyday? I would love some tips!
  • dmoberg11
    dmoberg11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Please share what exercises and how heavy of weights do you use?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    First off WOOO lifting...second with the pictures it makes it hard to tell the difference, might be easier to see standing or full body...no matter what you're doing awesome!
    I definitely see a difference between the two photos, but I prefer standing photos too because it's easier to get an accurate presentation. I can tell that you certainly look great though!
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would love to look like you do in the less muscular shot . . . but I do see your point.

Problem with lifting heavy is that you have to have heavy things to lift and I'm dead broke right now :ohwell:
  • malenekai85
    malenekai85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Recently, I have learned that with weight lifting, it is better to lift heavier weights with less repetitions. You need to push yourself and feel the burn. I have heard that from more than one teacher. If you are used to doing classes where you only use 5lb dumbbells, then raise it to 10lbs. You will feel so much stronger and have so much more agility! Don't worry, you won't bulk up...just make sure you get that cardio in there too!
  • Novikay
    Options
    I definitely see a difference between the two photos, but I prefer standing photos too because it's easier to get an accurate presentation. I can tell that you certainly look great though!

I know, standing is more accurate. BUT I have ZERO pictures standing in a bikini before I got into the shape I am now, so I had to go with what I had. :/
  • malenekai85
    Options
    Your body weight is the best way to life heavy. You can do crab crawls, push ups (regular, diamond, arms far apart), planks(up down planks too), dips, lunges, squats, high knees, burpies, sit ups etc...I would recommend a partner so you can push each other.
  • malenekai85
    Options
    Your body weight is the best way to life heavy. You can do crab crawls, push ups (regular, diamond, arms far apart), planks(up down planks too), dips, lunges, squats, high knees, burpies, sit ups etc...I would recommend a partner so you can push each other.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • ToxicTinkerbell
    ToxicTinkerbell Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    What's your weightlifting and cardio regime?
  • Novikay
    Options
    hey - to everyone who asked what my cardio/lifting regime is -

I lift in muscle groups half the time. I do triceps and chest together, back and biceps together, shoulders by themselves and legs by themselves. I do each one once a week, and I aim for 30-45 minutes of cardio afterward. I usually do low impact cardio afterward (meaning my heart rate stays between 130-145 usually) It could be elliptical, running, walking at an incline, row machine, step machine, zumba, bike....I switch it up A LOT.

What I do for lifting - now this is what I am currently doing. It's necessary to switch up exercises to continue to improve and see results. But this is what I do -

Chest and Triceps - I alternate. I do one chest, then a tricep, then chest, then tricep, etc. I usually do 3 sets of everything, 10-12 reps

Chest

Chest Press Incline
    Cable Fly
    Bench Press
    Push Ups

Triceps

Skull Crushers
    Tricep Kick Back
    Tricep Pull Down
    Tricep Dips

Legs -same 3 sets of everything 10-12 reps (lunges, make sure its 10-12 each leg)

Squats – start with a warm-up set with low weight, then do 3 sets with 10-12 reps.
    Gobblet Squats
    Leg Extension
    Hamstring Curl
    Lunges
    Jump Squats
    Seated Calves
    Standing Calves

Back - back and bicep alternate just like triceps and chest

Lat Pull Down
    Low Row
    Reverse Fly
    Upright Row
    High Row

Biceps

Straight Bicep Curl (free weight)
    Bicep Curl (machine)
    Standing Decline Bicep Curl (free weight) (meaning that thing you can lean over and do curls..not sure the proper name)
    Hammer Bicep Curl (free weight)

Shoulders

Shoulder Press (machine)
    Lateral Raise
    Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    Front Raises
    Side Raises

Like I said, this is what I'M doing right now. I'm sure someone here will say I am doing something wrong lol, BUT it's worked for me to get how I am. I hope this helps!
  • dmoberg11
    dmoberg11 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Perfect. Thanks.