car accident!

Options
I was in a car accident this past wednesday. I went to the hospital and they said i have a strian injury to my back muscles!!! I want to start exerciseing again. Is it too soon??? Im still alittle sore and i am on med's that make me loopy! I just want to get back to my exercise!!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that, I'm glad your ok! I'd ask you doctor but if you are still sore you might want to wait a little longer, its more of an injury soreness than an exercise soreness so in other words a bad soreness, wow am I making sense? haha Just be careful, you don't want to further injure yourself. You'll be back at it soon enough I'm sure!

~Leash :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    do NOT exercise while you are on muscle relaxers or pain meds. You will over do it and could possibly make it much worse.

Wait until you have been off the meds for 3-4 days to see if you are healed, then talk to your doctor.

how serious was the accident?
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Oh, so sorry to hear that. I know your pain....I pulled a back muscle a couple weeks ago, perhaps not the same injury but it sure hurt a hell of a lot more than a pulled muscle. I haven't been to the ER since I was a little little kid, but I went for this.

I took it easy for a week....it was difficult to even walk five steps and go to the bathroom, let alone working out. I went for a walk last saturday, it hurt and I was a little afraid of being unstable and falling, but I managed. Walking has actually helped it I think.

I say take it easy until you can at least get around a little, and then ease back into it by walking. Don't do anything that would be too jarring, especially since you're on meds. I still haven't been back on my bike, but I might try a short ride tomorrow. Hang in there and be patient, you don't want to hurt it even more.
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    do NOT exercise while you are on muscle relaxers or pain meds. You will over do it and could possibly make it much worse.

Wait until you have been off the meds for 3-4 days to see if you are healed, then talk to your doctor.

how serious was the accident?

Some guy pulled out in front of me and i was going about 50 mph!! my car is totaled.:sad:
    The crapppy part is i just paied my car off. It was a really nice car, but they are saying i will only get $4,000 for it. Im so up set:cry: you can't buy a nice car with $4,000 :sad: :sad:
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Do not mess with your back muscles as they can seriously mess with you. I agree the above poster about making sure to be off the pain medication before working out because if your back is hurting that bad then it was injured and needs to heal. A 50 mph accident is a lot of momentum that your body partially absorbed. If you absolutely must exercise then please do something low impact preferably in a heated pool.