Rude co-(not)workers

Options
Ok, so I work with a lot of ladies and they have started asking me if I am on a diet. I have told most of them that I have changed the way I eat, but that I don't really think of it as a diet (because to me diet is a short term thing, not a change in how you live your life)

Well the other day I went into the lunch room to wash my cherry tomatoes and cut up my yellow pepper, and one of the girls was shushing the others once she saw me. RUDE :angry:

Anyway, then she offered me a piece of chocolate. I said No thank you, with a small smile and started getting my lunch ready. They all started laughing and the one that had offered me the candy said "SEE she IS on a diet, I told you!"

Then they all laughed as they walked out. WTF? Who cares if I don't want to call it a diet, get your *kitten* back to work and leave me alone, rude people! ARG :explode:

:flowerforyou: Just needed to vent to people who understand!

228826.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's really rude! I complete agree w/ not calling it a diet, and who's business is it anyways?! Good for you for not letting it get to you, they're probably just jealous anyways :glasses:
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Diets dont work, if you look at it as a diet even if you manage to lose weight chances are you'll just gain it back when you stop dieting. Your on a lifestyle change like you told them. Their obviously noticing the changes that come with eating better and are getting jealous. So just smile at them and walk away because soon enough they'll be asking you how to have a lifestyle change. So live it up! Always try to turn your negatives into positives, its all just a matter of perspective. Have a great day :smile:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Problem is....as you stated, you work in an office "full of women". Strike 1.

Solution to Problem..... raise both hands towards co-workers, palms inward, extend middle fingers, wave in a circular motion.
  • Kendra7107
    Kendra7107 Posts: 122
    Options
    Jealous...jealous...jealous! Just ignore them. Others try to knock you down when you are doing well. They are rude and have no manners.

You are doing the right thing, calling it a lifestyle change. I too hate the word diet although I use it for lack of a better term sometimes. However, we know that it's more than just a diet. Just smile with the knowledge that you get it and they don't.
    Keep up the great work!

:happy:
  • ontheedge50
    ontheedge50 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Good grief.....High school all over again. Some people just never grow up and develop lives of their own.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    WOW ... and exactly how old are these girls? Tres Highschool if you ask me. In this case I would take Sarge's advice and give them the one finger salute. Oh wait ... maybe that isn't so mature either. Now I'm torn ... hmmmm ... what to do, what to do ... nope ... I'm still with Sarge on this one. The one finger salute.
  • itzcool4me
    itzcool4me Posts: 43
    Options
    I never tell people I'm dieting, but I just say I'm counting calories. If they see me eating Taco Bell or McDonalds or something unhealthy they won't think I'm "breaking my diet." Not that I care, but you never know how critical people are. Luckily, more than half of my firm is male so they tend to be less judgmental.

Don't let it get to you! Most of them are just jealous because they don't have the self-control to turn down the chocolate. :flowerforyou:
  • CaGinger
    CaGinger Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I can not believe that some people have so little interests that this is what they spend time on. Your lifestyle change is no ones business but your own.

I am sorry some people feel the need to revert to childhood antics.

I had a coworker tell me you can see my underwear through my skirt when I was wearing shorts underneath. Some people have too much time on their hands:noway:
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This does make me feel better, you all rock! :love:

228826.png
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Wow... that's f*ct up! Smile sweetly, and when you finally reach your goal weight and are SMOKIN" hawt, the joke'll be on THEM!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I work with a lot of ladies and they have started asking me if I am on a diet. I have told most of them that I have changed the way I eat, but that I don't really think of it as a diet (because to me diet is a short term thing, not a change in how you live your life)

Well the other day I went into the lunch room to wash my cherry tomatoes and cut up my yellow pepper, and one of the girls was shushing the others once she saw me. RUDE :angry:

Anyway, then she offered me a piece of chocolate. I said No thank you, with a small smile and started getting my lunch ready. They all started laughing and the one that had offered me the candy said "SEE she IS on a diet, I told you!"

Then they all laughed as they walked out. WTF? Who cares if I don't want to call it a diet, get your *kitten* back to work and leave me alone, rude people! ARG :explode:

228826.png

They are all just afraid that you'll be hotter than they are. Just smile and walk off. Jealouse people drive me crazy.
  • BABYLILAC
    BABYLILAC Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Chin girl you can do it and its lifestyle change not a diet:flowerforyou: Some people are just nasty
    .Somebody asked me earliar this week if I was loosing weight,I just said I dont know at the moment and I just told her I am counting my calories:ohwell:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options

Could they BE any more catty? I thought we'd left that crap behind in high school.
  • MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    :grumble: Good grief.....High school all over again. Some people just never grow up and develop lives of their own.

COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF...PEOPLE CAN BE SO RIDICULOUS

Keep up the good work and if nothing else let their ignorance be your motivation to rise above it all!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Some people. Makes me glad I'm out of the workforce because Lord above, I would have said something nasty.

'Let me know how that chocolate looks on your *kitten* tomorrow'
    'Sweeties, if you need any help on YOUR diets (this is where you eye them up and down)- just let me know'
    'It's ok, hon, I understand not everyone has self-control'

See? It IS a good thing I don't work anymore lol.

In reality- some women judge themselves by how others are doing. If you're doing well then it *must* mean that they are worse than you- so their claws come out. So sad really. :flowerforyou:
  • mspj
    mspj Posts: 3
    Options
    That is envy in the obvious form since apparantly you're the BEST topic of their conversation. Next time, offer her/them some of your grape tomotoes or maybe sour grapes.................................
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Some people. Makes me glad I'm out of the workforce because Lord above, I would have said something nasty.

'Let me know how that chocolate looks on your *kitten* tomorrow'
    'Sweeties, if you need any help on YOUR diets (this is where you eye them up and down)- just let me know'

In reality- some women judge themselves by how others are doing. If you're doing well then it *must* mean that they are worse than you- so their claws come out. So sad really. :flowerforyou:

OMG these are GOOD! I wish I would have thought of the 'Let me know how that chocolate looks on your *kitten* tomorrow' one LMAO

:flowerforyou:

228826.png
  • jcarter0525
    Options
    You should have offered her some tomatoes and then threw one at her. No, just kidding. That is horrible though. Unfortunately, people can be like that when they're fueled by other people like that. But get her alone and I bet she's your best friend, right? Two-faced. I don't call it a diet either. I call it "watching what I eat and if you have a problem with it then mind your own damn business".:wink:
  • n8tveca
    n8tveca Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I vote for this one :D It's so me. Just enough to sting and drive the point home with a final twist, but not enough to cause a meeting with HR
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    Problem is....as you stated, you work in an office "full of women". Strike 1.

Solution to Problem..... raise both hands towards co-workers, palms inward, extend middle fingers, wave in a circular motion.

LMAO:laugh: