hula hooping

Options
I have just joined this a couple of weeks ago. Everything is working out well. I am a preschool teacher and I joined Biggest Loser in my county with 3 other women that I work with. It last for 12 weeks long. I have exercised several times but never stick with it.I have never watched what I eat though.This website seems to work out for me to keep track of what I eat and how bad or healthy something is for me. I also can keep track of the exercising better. If anyone has any tips or hints for eating better and exercising please feel free to let me know.

I have been hula hooping with the children everyday. I have been told that hula hooping is good for you. You burn calories and its a good abs workout. So I looked for it and couldn't find it. I can't add it because i don't do reps of it and i have no clue on how many calories you burn from it. If any one could help me that would be great.

Replies

• hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    Welcome - you could probably just put the hula hooping in as general aerobics exercise by the amount of time you do it - good luck:glasses:
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I went to http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php link here and use the activity calculator. There wasn't hula hooping but there was hula dancing. Seems about the best match. For me at 147, I burn 50 calories per 10 minutes. Then log it under aerobics or anything really and adjust the calories. They have a ton of activities at www.caloriesperhour.com Good luck!

Oh, and a suggestion is intervals. If you are walking/jogging/running or doing the eliptical, intervals is the thing to do. Go hard for one minute, easy for two with a five minute warmup and cooldown. You burn more calories doing it this way and you constantly have to pay attention to your time so it's not as boring. Have fun!
  • fraiseroja
    fraiseroja Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I normally do about 10 sets which puts you at 30 minutes and 40 with the warmup and cooldown :smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • MsSarah
    MsSarah Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you for your support!! I do love this site. I have told everyone about it. It seems you are doing awesome!! Great job keep it up!!!!!want to be a friend???