Zumba

Options
I love to work out using Zumba Fitness on Wii. It keeps track of calories and weight and such. At the end of a good 60-75 minute workout it tells me I have burned over 1,000 calories. Which seems rather high to me, is it? Using the exercise log on this site states that aerobic dancing burns only about 400 an hour.

Please help

Replies

• HilaryP22
    HilaryP22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I used this site to get a general idea: http://www.zumbacalories.com/
    I think taking your weight into account is a big part of it as well. I usually choose "mild" intensity for the Wii workouts.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Hard to say realy, it would depend on how much effot you are putting in, how high you are getting your hr, along with a lot of other factors. I've also had issue figuring out ho many calories burned. I plan on investing in a Heart Rate monitor, you may want to do the same.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    An intense hour of Zumba for me runs in the 600-650 calorie range according to my heart rate monitor... I"m 29yrs old and 5'6.5"
  • missmeliss169
    missmeliss169 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love to work out using Zumba Fitness on Wii. It keeps track of calories and weight and such. At the end of a good 60-75 minute workout it tells me I have burned over 1,000 calories. Which seems rather high to me, is it? Using the exercise log on this site states that aerobic dancing burns only about 400 an hour.

Please help

I typically burn anywhere from 800-1100 calories in an hour of Zumba, it all depends on your heart rate, current weight, age, etc. I suggest getting a heart rate monitor and it will calculate it accurately for you :)
  • Rockerchick77
    Options
    WONDERFUL thank you everyone!! I found with the calculator on zumbacalories.com, I burn around 580 calories for my weight, minutes and using mid-intensity. That helps so much!