I ordered the 30 day Shred . Advise

Options
I ordered the 30 day Shred from best buy I'm picking it up tonight omw home from work Looking forward to it. anyone have any advise on it. Do I need anything to work out with?

Replies

• sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hand weights, if I recall correctly. That's it.

Good luck! Keep going, it is only 20 minutes!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    Good luck, let us know how it was ! :)
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    all you need are a couple of weights and a mat. Although you could use a couple of water bottles and a cushion if you're as mean as me........

Day 3 today for me and I made it all the way thru level 1 without stopping, which I think is an achievement LOL
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Hand weights. I use 3 lbs and thats hard for me...lol. And a mat if working out on a hard surface! Thats all. And agree with the water! I keep that near by and drink from it regularly while working out!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    After today, I'll be on Day 8, Level 1. There is a group for people that started this month if you want to take a look. We check-in, encourage each other, and post any questions/advice we have -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3634-shredding-through-the-month-of-march
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Ahh Mine is coming in the mail tomorrow :) I can't wait, and I start it Tuesday with two other girls on here that have it as well :) Sort of a motivational team! Let me know what day you start!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My kind of snarky advice is to do a forums search on 30 day shred and read a couple of the 3000 or so other threads started on this topic. :)
  • bluemorpho1247
    bluemorpho1247 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Started this today! Its a challenge, but a fun one! Right near the end you feel like giving up and then Jillian tells u to push! Surprisingly, I found it easier when i pushed to the limit!
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    Stick with it. Maybe get some protein cause you will be sore. hand weights and motivation.
    good Luck!
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No matter what, DON'T GIVE UP! :)
  • ReadySara
    ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hand weights, if I recall correctly. That's it.

Good luck! Keep going, it is only 20 minutes!
    I agree, don't stop, it's easy stuff but it will work your body & fell sore, don't let the moves full you.
    Good Luck!!!
  • domsmoms
    domsmoms Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just ordered it too! Good luck to us both! :)

Edit: Good luck to all who are doing it!
  • ishkabob
    ishkabob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it! I start level 3 tomorrow and have loved it so far! If you stick at it and push through you'll amaze yourself how much your strength builds. Definitely have water close to hand! And you need hand weights and a mat like other people here have said. If you find its a bit tough on your knees don't push through, drop to the beginner moves!
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I just completed the 30 day shred. I LOVED it! I was so sore on day 3 and 4, I could barely walk. I am extremely satisfied with the results. :0 I just ordered her ripped in 30, dvd.
  • jessrenae2011
    Options
    Im on week 3 level 3.
    A set of hand weights.
    and mat if your working on a hard floor.
    Take no more than 2 rest days.
    Workout min. of 5 days a week.
    Push through and dig deep. You will notice results the more you push through.
    Ive notice endurance improvement on week 1 , and strength improvement on week 2.
    Im on day 3 of week 3 of level 3.
    I did leve 1 for 2 - 3days and moved up to level to looking for more of a challenge.
    Dont cheat yourself and you will feel it!!
    stay motivated!
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Determination! Don't be too hard on yourself and keep trying! Oh and hand weights. Did I mention determination!? I actually thought the 2nd 10 days were easier than the first. LOL
  • dancingnancies
    dancingnancies Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    to quote jillian herself 'all you are going to need are some hand weights and a mat if you are working out on a hard surface'. i have done this video WAY too many times. lol. still love it though and all her workouts.
  • codycisco
    codycisco Posts: 62
    Options
    I made it through the Level 1 on the first day but not without some grunting and pushing myself. Its tough but set your mind to it and stick with it. I was sore for two days after doing it the first day so be careful and take it easy. Really liked the exercises tho!
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Have it, it kicked my BUTT and I loved it. . .Plan to do it again after the current program I'm doing. . .
  • Gemnildy
    Gemnildy Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Started this today! Its a challenge, but a fun one! Right near the end you feel like giving up and then Jillian tells u to push! Surprisingly, I found it easier when i pushed to the limit!

This is soo true! And just because you are sore on Day 1-3 do NOT take a break.. it will get easier faster and you will be less sore if you commit to 30 days and don't miss a single one.THEN you can take a break before starting again.. I took 2 months (although I did change to a different video instead)! LOL