single mom (25) with TWO kids! Anyone else?

Options

Replies

• arfog
    arfog Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There's a group here that you may be interested in joining!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/448-settled-down-in-the-20-s
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Single PARENTS deserve the kudos whatever their sex, I am a single father that battled a system that is stacked in the womens favour & successfully won full custody of my now 4yr old daughter. I no longer have the time or spare money to enjoy the gym & consequently work out from home but it still seems like my whole life is just a couple of hours away from preparing another meal haha.

Russ
  • beebe98
    beebe98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oh my i some what know your stress, i have a 8 yr old full time, no help from the one that helped me make him, also i am back in school full time at nights, so i know where you are coming from trying to manage everything, you can add me, i could always use another friend :)
  • allysonb80
    allysonb80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Single PARENTS deserve the kudos whatever their sex, I am a single father that battled a system that is stacked in the womens favour & successfully won full custody of my now 4yr old daughter. I no longer have the time or spare money to enjoy the gym & consequently work out from home but it still seems like my whole life is just a couple of hours away from preparing another meal haha.

Russ

I agree. ALL single parents deserve credit where credit is due. Great job caring for your child and putting their needs first!
  • beebe98
    beebe98 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Most defiantly, a single parent is a single parent. Mom or Dad it is still hard doing it on your own. Awesome that you stepped up to the plate to be a good Dad. :smile:
  • my2boiz
    my2boiz Posts: 89
    Options
    Single mom, 2 kid (ages 2 and 3), deadbeat ex, work full time, and workout every night after the kids go to bed. Last night I was yawning through my entire workout and passed out right after.

Yeah, I have a 6month old, and a 5 year old. both boys! I've fallen asleep multiple times all sweaty and gross right after a workout and NOT on purpose. By the end of the night I have nothing left in me!!
  • my2boiz
    Options
    same here.. single mom, a bit older (32)... with 7 year old twin boys... one with special needs and mine are some wild and crazy little guys. i work 40-45 hrs a week with a 1 hr drive to the office and 1 hr drive home each day. I still manage to work out 5 times a week and cook not only healthy dinner, but healthy breakfast and pack lunches for my kids to save them from 'pizza is a vegetable' at school. It's tough, but we're incredibly strong for it!

Please tell me how you manage your time! I have no help most of the time. Seems a bit impossible. I've still managed to lose 40 pounds and workout, but now i feel like I have less time to focus on the kids. :(
  • my2boiz
    Options
    I :heart: single moms-Ty they need love too

yes they do! haha :)
  • rameyer1316
    Options
    I'm also a sigle mom, no help from the dad, but my parents only live a mile away and will help me out when need be. I understand the stress of it all, I work 40 hrs a week and my daughter is in so many activites I hardly find time for a workout or time for myself, but somehow I find 20 min a night to run on the treadmill. Best of luck to all single parents, we are doing a amazing job!
  • whitleynoel
    whitleynoel Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... I'm sure we could all use the extra support from people who understand that not everything can go exactly as planned!
  • gonzalesj2010
    Options
    I understand completely how you feel. I'm a single mom my son will turn two in may and i work 40 plus hrs weekly. I'm exhausted by the time i get off work still I go home cook dinner, play with him and the get him off to bed, after hes out I do my zumba and the off to get ready for bed.
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    I :heart: single moms-Ty they need love too

yes they do! haha :)
    oh yes theyyyyy do
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    single mom with 2 teenage sons. Always a struggle to juggle school, work and sports and spend time with them (as much as a teenage boy wants to spend time with their mother), but they help me stay focus as they see the importance of having a healthy life style
  • shelly0013
    Options
    Married with 2 boys work day and at night as well, have a husband but he has his own life I think. (he's going through the life change) Think he's forgotten we have kids. He decided he wanted to get fit and has a flexible job, and life. So he has, and keeps on telling me I should join at the gym at 5 in the morning! My reply.... OUR KIDS????? He just doesn't get it. I however, I have decided that am just as important, and have rejoined this site. I think it's great!b My sister used it and with the help of her nathropath lost 90 pounds!!!!! Thankfully I don't that much to lose.I totally understand that u don't have time. But wht I have started to do is go out between clients ( I am a hairdresser and jog for 5 -8 mins. I figure it's a start
  • katw0407
    katw0407 Posts: 8
    Options
    Mom of 2 girls, new on here also. Could use some friends :)
  • sbgusn
    sbgusn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies (and Guys!),

I too am a single mom, i'm 30, divorced and have 2 boys ages 3 and 4 with NO HELP from my ex. It's all too common in this day and age unfortunately! I'd love to add other single moms as friends. I just joined myfitnesspal today.

~Sarah
  • shelly0013
    Options
    I may not e single, but at times I feel like i am. Its hard getting the time to go to the gym or even eating right. My hubby seems to have all the time to go to the gym.so I was just doing a tricep dip using my kids toy box. and once they are in bed I will do those bicep curls.
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Single mama! Feel free to add me as well! :flowerforyou:
  • kellyknighton01
    Options
    I am a single mom (28) of four kids. Feel free to add me too! :smile:
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I only have one kid, but I get where you are coming from! I've started working out on my lunch break. It makes the rest of the work day hard to get through (usually my legs feel like jello), but it seems only natural that I should have to multitask exercise the way we single moms have to multitask every other aspect of our lives. I would rather go through the rest of my work day slightly uncomfortable, and perhaps a bit smellier, than not try at all.