Dumb Question

Options
Wondering if you weigh more right after working out,, and mean like 20 min after,, i have been on a losing streek this past 2 weeks and am eager to lose 1 more to make 10lb in 2 weeks.. (tomorrow) so when i got home today after working out i stepped on the scale even though the little voice in my head said dont.. and i was up 1lb from yesterday am - i usually weigh every am nakey... so someone please tell me that weighing after working out you will weigh more lol.

Replies

• StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    More likely you weigh more because it's a different time of day, you've eaten/drunk and you're wearing clothes.
  • 86_Ohms
    86_Ohms Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    It could be as simple as the water you consumed before/during/after your workout as well.

Best time to weigh in is only one to two times a week, ideally having a light dinner the night before, after going to the restroom in the morning, and yes, nakey.

Edit: and before eating or drinking absolutely anything.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you really want to trip out, weight yourself, then drink 1 pint of water, then weigh yourself again. You will weight 1 lb more! It's craziness!
  • Reensham
    Reensham Posts: 2
    Options
    you always weigh a little more when u weigh urself right after the workout. IT also deends on ur blood pressure. u shud do that when ur body is cold enough. and ur empty stomach.
  • scompton54
    scompton54 Posts: 116
    Options
    I always weigh less first thing in the morning because I've had at least a 10 hour fast between my last meal and breakfast.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Agreed - Differences of +/- 1-3lbs is usually attributed to water. I also weigh more after a workout. Your focus should be on the overall trend, not day-to-day, as hard as that may be sometimes.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Either don't weigh after working out, or always weigh after working out.

If you choose different times of day, expect wild fluctuations.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I weight 2lbs heavier at night than in the morning. Not sure about after a workout but time of day definitely makes a difference.
  • Whillow73
    Options
    Thank you!! I normally never weigh anytime other than first thing in the morning... the desire to see another lb gone just got the better of me...