Trying Hard To Beat Craving

Options
Lately I have been craving french fries in the WORST way. I'm not sure why, I think it might be stress induced. For the most part I push past the craving but one day last week I gave in and it was Soooooo good. The hot salty crispy fluffy starchiness was just so darn satisfying I almost couldn't stand it. Does anyone else have this problem? It's been a constant battle for about 2 weeks for me. I think I'm having a mental break down LOL :ohwell:

Replies

• AlonsoPierre
    Options
    Try making baked sweet potato fries. They are a bit healthier, less starchy, more complex and equally delicious.
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Believe sweet potatoes are probably the only reason I haven't been gorging on fries. It's the salty starch I crave though. air-popped Popcorn seems to help a lot too.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I crave donuts alot. But I try very hard not to get one since a 300 cal. donut ruins my calories for the day. By having more fiber and protein in my diet, I feel full for longer. But sometimes I just have to suffer through it. All I can say is it will pass and the craving will become less as time goes on and you substitute healthy food for the junk food you love.
  • KitchenCourses
    Options
    Are you getting enough water? Strangely, sometimes when I'm craving something, I'm actually just really thirsty and filling up on water helps to temper that craving.

Also, do you eat quite a bit of sugar? It could be that your body is trying to balance itself out between high sugar levels with the craving for salt.

Good luck!!
  • SunshineT83
    SunshineT83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I generally drink between 8-10 glasses of water a day and most of my sugar comes from fresh fruit. In most cases that is kept to around 3-4 servings of fruit a day. I'll try increasing my water consumption when the craving hits again. Thanks for the suggestion.