Am I at a Plateau at two months in? Or am I being impatient?

Options
I've been doing MFP for two months now and managed to lose 16 lbs, but for the past two weeks I've been stuck where I am. I still have over 100 pounds to lose so I'm wondering if it's too early for me to plateau. For the past two and a half weeks I've tried eating less, eating more, zig zagging calories, added resistance training, changing my workouts, upping the intensity, but nothing seems to work. I need some opinions here. Am I on the right track? How long should I wait before trying something else?

Should I increase my protein, lower carbs, eat workout calories? What worked for you?

My diary is open and here's an example of my workout week.

Monday: Les Mills Pump and Burn 30 mins
Biggest Loser Cardio Max 50 mins

Tuesday: Rest

Wed: Live Zumba Class 1 hr

Thursday: Les Mills Pump and Burn 30 mins

Friday: Billy's Bootcamp Cardio Inferno 45 mins

Saturday: Les Mills Pump and Burn 30 mins

Sunday: Biggest Loser Cardio Max 50 mins

Replies

• StarryEyed500
    StarryEyed500 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You've lost an average of 2lb per week. How much faster do you want to lose?
    For the past two and a half weeks I've tried eating less, eating more, zig zagging calories, added resistance training, changing my workouts, upping the intensity,
    As for this, give it more time between the changes. You need to give your body chance to catch up.
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Last night I was watching a recorded copy of this weeks "Biggiest Loser". And the Trainer's tip this week was regarding hitting plateaus. Bob recommends, doing you workouts backwards. Here a link to an article on the info that he said this week.

http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/biggest-loser/bob-harper-busting-through-plateau

OR here is a link to the video from NBC from the show

http://www.nbc.com/the-biggest-loser/video/bust-your-plateaus/1389198

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I actually watched that episode today! Lol
  • johnnsmith803
    Options
    Im in the same boat...
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Plateaus can happen at anytime, and r definnitly frustrating at times. But u also r putting on muscle, somaybe your just putting on more muscle weight. Try doing some measurements or pics, in the long run these will show more results then the scale.
  • mscags1
    mscags1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had the same issue. Good luck.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food? Maybe you're eating too much.
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hello,, I took a look at your diary for today, I didn't look at the other days but someone looked at mines and noticed my sodium intake was high. I noticed your was as well, sodium will make you retain fluid, maybe that could be it. You seem to be doing well, don't get discouraged, stay on it girl you can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau that I had a heck of a time breaking. I had to drop my calories, up my water intake, take an extra rest day (2 days per week now), and vary the duration and intensity of my workouts. Once I did that, my plateau broke in 2 weeks. Oh,and I watched my percentage of carbs, protein, fat. I'm a balanced oxidizer so I need a ratio of 40% carb, 30% fat, & 30% protein to be at my best calorie burning. I'd give it another week to see what happens.
  • dragonz11
    dragonz11 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    hi ive bin thru ur food diary and u are eating to much soduim and sugar

ur more than likley holding onto water weight due to the high soduim intake everyday

try lowering it and see if that helps
  • niqua215
    niqua215 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    hi ive bin thru ur food diary and u are eating to much soduim and sugar

ur more than likley holding onto water weight due to the high soduim intake everyday

try lowering it and see if that helps

A lot of my sugar comes from fruit. Does that matter? I am having a tough time controlling my sodium intake though. I chug on water to help but I guess I need to do better. Thanks for the comments.
  • chicpeach
    chicpeach Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Your diet is very high in sodium, which makes your body retain water. I would reset that goal down to 1500 and I would try to stay in that range for a while. Keep drinking the water, you'll need it to flush the sodium out. Once you do, I believe you'll see a nice drop in your weight.