Sinus problems?

Options
Melk967
Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
This is random, but I was wondering if anyone has or previously had any problems with their sinuses? Mine have been causing me a lot of issues for like 6 years now. Finally saw an ENT and had a CT scan, also waiting to get tested for allergies. Have to wait for the results before anything is done. I'm currently taking an antibiotic (6th one in 6 months!) But I feel like I'm getting ANOTHER infection. I take allergy medicine too.

I'm just so frustrated with this! I feel like crap almost all the time, and its really impacted me losing weight. Literally everytime I start working out again, I get sick. Does anyone have any suggestions on home rememdies or anything like that? Has anyone had surgery? I want to find some temporary relief before I get back to the Dr, and be prepared for treatment options I might be given.....and to know I'm not alone!

Sorry for typos...on my phone

Replies

• tina990
    tina990 Posts: 18
    Options
    Do search on the internet and you'll find lots of treatments. I use a Neti pot or squeeze bottle to wash my sinuses with saline solution. I use a prescription nasal spray every day to open the sinuses (Astepro does not have the backlash swelling that Afrin or others have). I have had two sinus surgeries to widen the openings to the sinuses. All that and I still have infections 2-3 times a year. Mold is apparently my bugaboo. I wish there was a cure for this but I sure don't know what it is. Drink lots of fluids to keep the mucous thin. With any luck, yours will be an easy-to-treat allergy. Good luck.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I get sick a lot with colds too, but not nearly as much as you. I feel for you! I can second the Neti Pot thing. It's a little weird at first but it's really effective for some people.