Almond milk

Options
2»

Replies

• peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love the Silk vanilla flavored. It's perfect in oatmeal, too.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I don't drink almond milk straight-up, but I do prefer it in cereal and in smoothies. :smile: Though, I do drink the chocolate flavor straight-up (Blue Diamond's original chocolate).

I bought Silk's regular almond milk on accident once...tasted like cardboard to me.

I've used Blue Diamond's original, original unsweetened, vanilla unsweetened, regular chocolate, and chocolate unsweetened. The best for cereal IMO is the vanilla unsweetened, though the original and original unsweetened are good in cereal too, IMO. I use them all in smoothies, but I prefer the chocolate unsweetened for those.

Just get some coupons and pick a brand to try. I see all 3 major brands regularly in the Sunday ads (Blue Diamond, Silk, and So), and you can print some online, too. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Original Blue Diamond. Try it in hot cocoa - you won't be disappointed!
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    Oh goodness. I love almond milk. I have never been a milk drinker, until I discovered almond milk. Now I drink way too much. I do not have any issues with dairy, I have just never liked milk. Almond milk made a believer out of me though. I have no preference between Blue Diamond and Silk, but I do prefer the sweetened stuff - probably because I have a sweet tooth.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I like Blue Diamond Unsweetened Vanilla

super low calorie too

I love this one too : )
  • NicoWoodruff
    NicoWoodruff Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened blue diamond straight up and in recipes.. it's good if you add just a little water and then steep a chai teabag in it, tastes to me a lot like a chai with real cream.
  • CSO313
    CSO313 Posts: 6
    Options
    I use Silk Unsweetened Vanilla.... Taste like almonds at only 35 calories per cup...
  • privatetime
    privatetime Posts: 118
    Options
    I use 'Almond Fresh' (original). I only use it in cereal and for baking, though. I don't drink it as a beverage, on its own. Nope. Wait. On rare occasions, I will mix it with chocolate powder to make chocolate milk.

I tried the vanilla flavour and it was good, but too limiting, as I went to bake something, and realized I only had the vanilla kind, which wouldn't have worked for that savoury recipe. So, I went back to original. I did like the vanilla in my cereal, though.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened blue diamond straight up and in recipes.. it's good if you add just a little water and then steep a chai teabag in it, tastes to me a lot like a chai with real cream.

ooo I need to try this with my unsweetened vanilla almond milk! I like chai lattes, so this sounds wonderful. :happy:
  • SanDiegoSarah
    Options
    Almond milk is so much more healthy for you than cow's milk, and it even has more calcium! I buy either Silk Unsweetened (35 cal/cup) or Blue Diamond Unsweetened (40 cal/cup) depending on what store I'm at that week. Different stores will carry different brands. I'd definitely suggest going with the unsweetened because there is no added sugar. I find that when I put it on my cereal, the slight amount of sugar in the cereal will make the milk taste sweeter if that makes sense. I also use it in smoothies and the fruit will make it taste sweeter. I buy the Silk Dark Chocolate (120/cal cup) once in awhile for a treat - it's amazing!