girl scout cookies

Options
I ordered GS cookies from a co-worker and they came in today, I had two and put the rest away. Honestly that has never happened before, I would normally be done half the pack by now.

I have had plenty of water today and feeling a little full from that, but usually I would eat them even if I wasn't hungry.

Does this count as a NSV ?

Replies

• adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I ordered GS cookies from a co-worker and they came in today, I had two and put the rest away. Honestly that has never happened before, I would normally be done half the pack by now.

I have had plenty of water today and feeling a little full from that, but usually I would eat them even if I wasn't hungry.

Doing a little victory dance

I have been TERRIFIED about Girl Scout Cookie season! It's been so hard not to go get myself a box of Thin Mints. Or Caramel Delights. Or Penut Butter Sandwiches. Or Shortbread.... Or...or...or...
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing?? I have a whole house full (I have two girls in scouts.) I haven't let myself even have one. Last year and many in the past... I didn't count cookies ate - I counted boxes. I have had other cookies, but they don't have the draw. - So I have made them off limits. That will be a major NSV when I can say I have made it through the whole cookie season with not one girl scout cookie passing my lips....
  • thershey
    thershey Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes Yes Yes that counts. I did the same thing a few weeks ago, I bought 6 boxes for our house. I usually will have the thin mints gone in a day or so. I had 1 serving of thin mints which is 5 cookies after a zumba work out one night and then I did not touch them. My husband and kids ate the rest of them and I was so very proud of myself!!!! This totally counts!!!!
    :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • todaystuesday
    todaystuesday Posts: 77 Member
    Options

Doing a little victory dance

It is a HUGE NSV!!!
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    I'm glad I only had two - 140calories holy shiznit, I am not even sure it was worth it. BTW Caramel Delights
  • adamb83
    Options
    Isn't it amazing?? I have a whole house full (I have two girls in scouts.) I haven't let myself even have one. Last year and many in the past... I didn't count cookies ate - I counted boxes. I have had other cookies, but they don't have the draw. - So I have made them off limits. That will be a major NSV when I can say I have made it through the whole cookie season with not one girl scout cookie passing my lips....

I'm with you! They've got some in the office 7 floors above mine in the building I work at... yes, I seriously know this! And it could have been so easy to go up and grab one or two..or twelve..
  • adamb83
    Options
    I'm glad I only had two - 140calories holy shiznit, I am not even sure it was worth it. BTW Caramel Delights

Nooo Caramel Delightssss AHHHHHHHHH!!
  • capabledesire
    Options
    Yes NSV! I couldn't do it! They would haunt me and be calling my name until I ate them all.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    YES! Good job! It's a NSV that will turn into a scale victory. I don't know you but I'm proud of you anyway!
  • Nucky719
    Nucky719 Posts: 143
    Options
    I actually ate a whole box of Samoa's in one sitting the day before I joined mfp lol
  • DNCD
    DNCD Posts: 1
    Options
    I heard that the average New Year's resolution to lose weight lasts only 84 days. I think that's because it corresponds with Girl Scout cookie season.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Ate-4-boxes-of-thin-mints.jpg
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options

lol. i keep my girl scout cookies in the freezer and only pull out a couple at a time.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I heard that the average New Year's resolution to lose weight lasts only 84 days. I think that's because it corresponds with Girl Scout cookie season.
    I'm convinced. I've avoided them so far, but i know i'll get some and i hope i have your will power.
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Ummm... YEAH IT DOES!!!!

I, however, did not do as well as you. I hate half a sleeve!! :O I them promptly dropped the box on my boyfriends lap and demanded he hide them immediately. Thankfully I haven't seen them since!

Congrats!!! You've accomplished something incredibly difficult to do! And now you KNOW you have the willpower if you're ever in a similar situation!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options

bwahahahahaha!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I actually ate a whole box of Samoa's in one sitting the day before I joined mfp lol

Before I joined MFP, that was nothing... now... I still have an unopened box, and the other box I ate maybe half of (2 at a time), and then gave the rest to a co-worker. She is like "mikey" an eats everything... yet somehow doesn't gain. I hate her. lol
  • carriep2010
    carriep2010 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Definitely a NSV!!! GREAT JOB! It's all about self control!

lol. i keep my girl scout cookies in the freezer and only pull out a couple at a time.

I froze ours in bags of 4 servings(there is 4 of us). That way one day for a treat(when Mom and Dad both have calories left) I can grab one baggie out and we can each have some :-)

Sounds about right! Those girl scouts are trying to fatten us all up! Wonder what their plan is then....
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    yes it is an NSV! I ate two thin mints. I broke down and asked a coworker if I could have them. I have passed up a lot of offers and it feels great!