5'5" 165 lb ladies, what size do you wear?

Options
Now that I've had 5 babies, I find that my body shape has changed. Whereas years ago when I weighed 165 I wore a size Large shirt and size 13 pants (I was in the junior department then), now I find I need an XL shirt and size 14 pants.

Replies

• mydeloo78
    mydeloo78 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm in a medium top and size 10 pants but everyone's going to be different, different body types, muscle, fat etc... no two people similar.
  • laz22girl
    laz22girl Posts: 47
    Options
    At that weight before running I was a size 12 pants/small top (I have a tiny upper body and larger lower half).

Aftter running, at that weight, I'm a size 10 bottom and s/m top.
  • Shellyyy7928
    Shellyyy7928 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Size 5/6 for pants and xl top. Yeah my body is awkward. I have no thighs and no butt. Lol it's kinda depressing
  • ekgruenke
    ekgruenke Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 172 and that height and most of my clothes are from Express. I wear a SZ 10 in pants and a Medium in most stretchy tops, but a Large in stiffer, button-up tops for work. (I'm a little large-chested)
  • ncsjodi
    ncsjodi Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 168 and I wear a 12 on bottom, but a medium (8/10) on top. I've lost pretty much my entire chest... :(
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am that height but about 15 lbs heavier than that. I wear size 14 bottoms with a large top.

A lot will depend on the amount of body fat you have. Someone who weighs 165 with say 25% body fat is going to be slimmer than someone who has 35% body fat since fat has a greater volume than muscle.
  • hbrunn2
    hbrunn2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and at 165 i was wearing a medium top and a 10 in pants.
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and when I was 165, I had to wear a size 14 pants and either a large or medium top depending on the brand. People carry weight in different places, and brand sizes vary - not to mention that some stores also seem to change their sizing every so often.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    You should check out this website:
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • Changing__Christina
    Options
    I am around this size. I am a large shirt size 12 pants. Everyone is different! Keep that in mind! :)
  • 2013backontrack
    Options
    I'm 5'5'', about 160 and I wear a medium top and a size in 10/12 pants.
  • marynificent
    marynificent Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weigh 158 today (grr) but wear a size 6/8.

and that's why i lift weights, lol!
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    when i was 170 i wore a size 14. i am 145 now and wear a size 4. thank you zumba.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I'm actually 5'6" and 165 and my pants are 8-10 size...
  • jcnuebel
    jcnuebel Posts: 19
    Options
    Size 12 pants and L top
  • cassandraschwalm
    cassandraschwalm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5.5" and I weigh 165. I wear size 9-10 pants very tightly (I refuse to wear 11/12). At 155, I was wearing 7/8. At 145 with my bone structure, I was wearing size 7/8 still. I takes me getting down to 135 to wear 5/6.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Let's remember sizes are different in different continents.

I'm 5'5.5, and currently 165#, and wear 8/10 bottom (depending on the cut of the hip) and women's S/M top (depending on the cut of the bust). But XL or XXL in the junior's styles tops
  • shantizzlerose
    shantizzlerose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 172 lbs, I wear a medium-large shirt, size 12 pants.
    Before I had my son, I was about 155lbs, wore size 9 pants, medium-large shirt.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    At that weight, i wore Large top and size 10 in pants.
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and weigh 133. I wear from a size 10 to a size 6 in pants (sizes are all so crazy) and Medium tops. I still fear "the muffin top" so I prefer less tight tops!