Drinking tea (not just green)

Options
TByrd1325
TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
Does anyone drink tea to curb cravings? Ever since I started dieting I find myself constantly thinking about food, lol. I'll eat when I'm not even hungry. I started drinking decaffinated tea a few days ago and it's helped a lot. I drink a cup of green tea in the morning. Then just different decaffinated kinds during the day.
Does anyone know if there are any negative side affects? Can you drink too much tea?
Thanks!

Replies

• HoneyB
    HoneyB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that tea, different types, do help with cravings. It works for me also. Good Luck!
  • jleonard44
    Options
    Drinking tea is a very good way to curb cravings, but you need to be careful because tea is a natural diuretic (even decaffeinated kinds). If you are drinking a lot of tea throughout the day, make sure you are drinking plenty of water too. If you are looking to curb your hunger, try drinking a full glass of water before a meal or snack. Also, try eating foods that have more fiber in them, they will keep you satisfied longer. My new favorite are the Kellog's Fiber Plus Antioxidant bars. They taste like candy bars, but are not nearly as high in calories. Good luck hope this helped! =)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Tea is (on the whole) very safe and good for you in many ways. The only things to watch out for are:

Caffeine content - This could be a factor depending on what type of tea you're drinking. Caffeine can have negative effects on the body, but green tea has very low levels so you would have to drink a LOT of it.

Anemia - If you're already anemic, it can cause health complications. If you're not, then drinking too much could thin your blood because it acts like an iron sucker. So taking a Vitamin C and Iron supplements would help if you think you're drinking that much!

Other than that, enjoy! There are certainly a lot worse things you could be drinking. :laugh:
  • proctor0828
    proctor0828 Posts: 179
    Options
    I drink alot of tea just because I love the stuff. It does tend to make you go to the bathroom but not enough that I've thought of it as a problem.
  • aariel22
    aariel22 Posts: 37
    Options
    I think it is great to substitute tea when I have cravings because I have to do something! Some teas have lots of iron and other vitamins: red raspberry leaf tea and nettle tea are some examples. These two are really good for the female reproductive system as well...
  • hoamai
    hoamai Posts: 76
    Options
    I love my teas - but drink the good stuff - the whole leaf teas (organic if available) - in the US these can be a bit expensive but so much superior to the scraps they put in tea bags. Some of these teas you can order on-line if not available to you in local markets - enjoy :glasses: