MFP spitfires cycling group week 3!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's Friday!!! I'm really looking forward to getting out there this weekend and enjoying the trails and getting a little dirty.

Any other Mountain Bike people out there?
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    NO!!! Not Levi!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

exercise.png
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I've been absent around here too. Trying to rest up for the Olympic tri tomorrow! :bigsmile: The only riding I've done the last couple days is riding w/ my hubby on the motorcycle. :laugh:

will make sure to post a report after the race when I can!
  • skywalker
    Options
    I've been absent around here too. Trying to rest up for the Olympic tri tomorrow! :bigsmile: The only riding I've done the last couple days is riding w/ my hubby on the motorcycle. :laugh:

will make sure to post a report after the race when I can!

Good Luck!!! :happy: :drinker: :happy:

exercise.png
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hello spitfires!

I was just wondering if I could join this club, if its too late I understand. I just got a road bike, I still have to get a mile tracker (or whatever they are called) but I plan on getting one today... I have been riding about 4 times a week. I will be riding a lot in a week after I'm done with coaching vb camps. Please let me know what I need to do, thank you!

~Leash :heart:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hello spitfires!

I was just wondering if I could join this club, if its too late I understand. I just got a road bike, I still have to get a mile tracker (or whatever they are called) but I plan on getting one today... I have been riding about 4 times a week. I will be riding a lot in a week after I'm done with coaching vb camps. Please let me know what I need to do, thank you!

~Leash :heart:
    It's not too late. Just send a msg to spyguy with you weekly mileage goal, then on sunday night msg him again with your actual mileage total and he posts them, usually by monday evening. Welcome!!:drinker:

exercise.png
  • skywalker
    Options
    George deserved to be in Yellow today. Disappointing :frown:

exercise.png
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well... I did it!! My first Olympic distance triathlon!!!!!!! 1.5K (.9 mile) swim, 40K (24+ mile bike), and 10K (6.2 mile) run. Felt great and even though the temp was 57* at the start (in July, isn't that crazy?? :huh: ), the water temp was 76*.

I finished in 2 hrs, 57 min, 42 seconds. My goal was 3:05 and my secret goal was to go sub-3. I blew that out of the water!!!! Woohoo!! :drinker:

Swim: 38.29 (2:21/ 100yd- I am not the strongest swimmer, so I was happy to be under 40 min!)
    T1: 1:47
    Bike: 1:20:54 (18.4 mph)
    T2: 1:44
    Run: 54:46 (8:49 pace)

It was pretty hilly and windy out there, so I'm even happier with my times! And the course was long, according to my Garmin I ran 6.7 (8:08 pace if you go by that!!!!).

Happy to be done!!!!

Jess
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Congrats Jess you are amazing!
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Well... I did it!! My first Olympic distance triathlon!!!!!!! 1.5K (.9 mile) swim, 40K (24+ mile bike), and 10K (6.2 mile) run. Felt great and even though the temp was 57* at the start (in July, isn't that crazy?? :huh: ), the water temp was 76*.

I finished in 2 hrs, 57 min, 42 seconds. My goal was 3:05 and my secret goal was to go sub-3. I blew that out of the water!!!! Woohoo!! :drinker:

Swim: 38.29 (2:21/ 100yd- I am not the strongest swimmer, so I was happy to be under 40 min!)

It was pretty hilly and windy out there, so I'm even happier with my times! And the course was long, according to my Garmin I ran 6.7 (8:08 pace if you go by that!!!!).

Happy to be done!!!!

Jess

Nice job. I was sucked into a relay tri today and did the run. I love my bike and was jealous that my hubby did the bike leg.
  • dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    I could never do a tri. Well, more accurately I could never do a tri and get any kind of decent time. I really, really am a horrible swimmer. The race would be long over, organizers at home, and I would still be out there bobbing around in the water somewhere.
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hello Spitfires :happy:

I have just sent a message to Spyguy asking to join you, i am a complete novice who has been cycling for 2 weeks now and i love it :happy:

Jax
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hello Spitfires :happy:

I have just sent a message to Spyguy asking to join you, i am a complete novice who has been cycling for 2 weeks now and i love it :happy:

Jax

Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

exercise.png
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone;

A quick introduction of myself . I have been a member here since July/08 and started cycling in Aug/08. I met my goal of being 200 Lbs in April of 09. Since that point life got a little crazy & I have gained 10 lbs back. So back to making time for myself and keeping myself in shape.

As a result I came back here to track my calories and get some motivation. When I saw the cycling group I was quite happy as I knew that it would be a way to get me back on the bike. Last Sunday was the 1st ride of the year (26 miles). I sent spyguy my goal of 60 miles for the week and after todays 40mile ride I ended up with 70 for the week.

Look forward to chit chat and community. Good luck and remember, " be safe, ride safe "
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options

Happy to be done!!!!

Jess

That is a great accomplishment! Good average on the bike.
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    goal 75 actual 64. I did the run portion of a triatholon so didn't get to get in all my miles=( Too hot to make up the rest today. Will work for goal of 75 again next week.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Hello everyone;

A quick introduction of myself . I have been a member here since July/08 and started cycling in Aug/08. I met my goal of being 200 Lbs in April of 09. Since that point life got a little crazy & I have gained 10 lbs back. So back to making time for myself and keeping myself in shape.

As a result I came back here to track my calories and get some motivation. When I saw the cycling group I was quite happy as I knew that it would be a way to get me back on the bike. Last Sunday was the 1st ride of the year (26 miles). I sent spyguy my goal of 60 miles for the week and after todays 40mile ride I ended up with 70 for the week.

Look forward to chit chat and community. Good luck and remember, " be safe, ride safe "
    Welcome!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

exercise.png
  • dlestermfp
    dlestermfp Posts: 106
    Options
    My mileage for the week was 105. Not enough to make up my 14 mile deficit, but enough to put a dent in it.
  • skywalker
    Options
    133m for me this week. Goal, 125m. Hey dlester, your boy, Tyler is looking good in the Tour!!! :happy:

exercise.png
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    I couldn't resist the gorgeous day today! Was going to rest, but ended up heading out for a ride around 5:30. :wink: Got in 18 miles solo, and then my 8yo dd wanted to go for a ride so we went 3.5 miles. Not much of a real *ride* for me, but fun to be with her. :bigsmile: