Crazy canucks July 15,09

Options
2»

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    way to go everyone!!!

ok, the no pop challenge will be easy for me since i don't drink it, we don't even have it in our house, unless we have it for mix for company! As for the late night snacking i don't really ever do that either, i have supper and that it is, unless it is popcorn once in a while so that might be a bit of a challenge for me.

Whatever everyone else is agreeing upon is fine with me!

i am going to do the no pop challenge, and the fitness one i just proposed. i totally skipped over this so i apologize.

I can't do DVD's at home, no peace and quiet around my house!! TOO MANY KIDS!!! and the fact that i have to do it in my living room, where they all hang out doesn't work either. Not to mention i can't get motivated to do it either, i NEED to go to the gym to workout, i can do my treadmill here with no interruptions but it is too hot in my room to do it most of the time, so i have been using the treadmill at the Y..

I think i will just log my workouts like we did last week and see if i can workout everyday. We are going camping tomorrow for the weekend, but i am going to take my HRM with me and workout clothes so i can at least get a run in, in the morning, i'll just drive my van whhere i run to get the Km's.

So for today i worked out for 40 mins and 32 mins on the treadmill!! I however set a new record for myself with rynning 3.18 miles in 30 mins.!! I think i might be ready to do a 5 k now!!
  • mxburke
    mxburke Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the workout videos, definitely changes things up a bit, i have the wii fitness coach and i am going to try to do atleast 15 minutes of it everyday on top of the other workouts that i have. !! Good luck everyone else!
  • Jay_83
    Jay_83 Posts: 446
    Options
    what is the new challenge?

I am going to try my own personal challenge . . maybe someone can get ideas from it??? I am going to do the AB RIPPER (dvd borrowed from my sister-in-law) every day this week. It's not a very long workout (i think 6-10 minutes) but I rarely have time anymore since I'm trying to look for a new job. So i'm going to do what I can.

what are the thoughts with exercise challenge vs. food challenge?? should we just flip flop between the two every week?

i like the idea of switching, though i prefer exercise challenges...they are more fun than not eating something or trying to eat a new food or something.

how is the ab ripper? i am looking to incorporate some ab work into my schedule but haven't decided on what i want to try yet.

Ab ripper is pretty good. i can definately feel it. It's not for very long tho, so I guess I'm just used to the standard 20-30 minutes workout dvd.
    choosing your own challenge may be a great a idea. everyone knows what their own weaknesses are and where they strive. ideas gettin thrown around is a great way to find something that may work for you. Good luck everyone!!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :flowerforyou:

Would exercising outside count instead of the dvd workout? I am doing the couch to 5k. I would prefer to do this, but I can do the dvd...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Monday - Bikram Yoga 90 minutes
    Wednesday - Treadmill brisk pace 4.0 40 minutes
    Thursday - Treadmill brisk pace 60 minutes, swimming breaststroke 30 minutes
    Friday -

I have several video's and would love that as our challenge - maybe we could start that challenge next week?
    We don't keep pop in the house either (well, right now it's in the garage for the contract workers digging our pool) so that is a non-challenge for me. Late night snacking would be a challenge for me because I *do* love my pretzels and/or popcorn.
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Just wanted to post my 4 lb weight loss over the last 2 weeks. The plateau is finally over. I am down to 174! My challenge is to stay on track for another week and keep the scale moving!

Take care all.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Friday -

I have several video's and would love that as our challenge - maybe we could start that challenge next week?
    We don't keep pop in the house either (well, right now it's in the garage for the contract workers digging our pool) so that is a non-challenge for me. Late night snacking would be a challenge for me because I *do* love my pretzels and/or popcorn.

Saturday - 45 minute brisk walk @ 4.0/90 minutes Bikram Yoga (hot yoga)
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    so from what i gather, we did do our own challenges

just checking in that my challenge has been trying to stay on my cals as always as well as working out everyday and trying new things...pretty unfocused!

i didn't drink any pop...except one mountain dew, my grandma wanted me to have it, i swear!

so wednesday - 20 minutes of cosmo optibody
    thursday- 20 minutes of cosmo optibody
    friday - 15 minutes of jogging
    saturday - 15 minutes of jogging, 15 minutes of pilates
    sunday - going for a hike! i can't see it being longer than 2 hours
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Friday -

Saturday - 45 minute brisk walk @ 4.0/90 minutes Bikram Yoga (hot yoga)
    Sunday - 45 minute brisk walk @ 4.0
  • sjmay
    Options
    Is there a new thread for this weeks weigh in? (22nd)... If so, I am having a hard time finding it!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I haven't found it either sj
  • sjmay
    Options
    Ok... maybe I should start one?

NVM... I found it!