Do You Think 5'5 120 Pounds Is A Good Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I probably should mention that I'm thinner than I've been since I was probably in 2nd grade. I've never been 120 before and so I guess I'll just have to see what happens when or if I ever get there.
  • sxyfitmomandwife
    sxyfitmomandwife Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 trying to get to 120. So many people tell me that's too small. I don't care what they say when I get there if I think I'm too small I'll go up a little at a time until i get to where I want.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    I'm 5'3 trying to get to 120. So many people tell me that's too small. I don't care what they say when I get there if I think I'm too small I'll go up a little at a time until i get to where I want.

Good luck. :smile:
  • mandimommy
    Options
    I am 5'5" and the last time I weighed 120, I was a *skinny-fat* college student with no muscles, LOL. But our body composition might be very different. For me, 120 is too thin. I am at 136 and pretty toned right now but would like to lose another 5-6 pounds and keep the muscle. I have a little fat on my stomach and hips I would be glad to get rid of.
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 122lbs and about 20% body fat. This is a good weight for me. I train hard (run marathons and lift heavy weight) and eat a lot of food. :)
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    I am 5'5" and the last time I weighed 120, I was a *skinny-fat* college student with no muscles, LOL. But our body composition might be very different. For me, 120 is too thin. I am at 136 and pretty toned right now but would like to lose another 5-6 pounds and keep the muscle. I have a little fat on my stomach and hips I would be glad to get rid of.

I've got the "skinny fat" problem now. I look good in clothes but yuck in a bathing suit.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Definitely depends on your build. I'm about 115 pounds and 5"5 now, but I have a really thin build, so anything above 112 just doesn't fit on my body.

If you have a regular sized bone structure, 120 should be fine, but pretty thin!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 122lbs and about 20% body fat. This is a good weight for me. I train hard (run marathons and lift heavy weight) and eat a lot of food. :)

Daymn woman! I'm 7 pounds less but the same height, but I don't look half as good as you!! Jealous!
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    Definitely depends on your build. I'm about 115 pounds and 5"5 now, but I have a really thin build, so anything above 112 just doesn't fit on my body.

If you have a regular sized bone structure, 120 should be fine, but pretty thin!

I think I have regular sized bones. I was fat for most of my life though and so now that I'm not anymore, I'm just trying to get into the best shape I can be. Hopefully I'm not small boned because I think I'd die at 112 pounds. haha
  • fpueblo
    fpueblo Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I think at 5'5 depending on your build if you want to be toned 125-130 is more of a realistic goal. I would look into ab work there are a lot of things you can do for your abs that don't require crunches. shadow boxing is a good one look up how to tone your abs on youtube there are a lot of videos listed but try for one that don't require you to do tones of crunches. I would suggest looking up toning for the whole body though just because it all helps. With any exercise you do if you engage your abs while doing them you end up working your abs to like if you walk ever day and, I know this sound funny suck in your tummy but also try to tighten the muscles as well your working them. as I said look exercises up on youtube but do research on the web to make sure any exercise you find is safe.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    I think at 5'5 depending on your build if you want to be toned 125-130 is more of a realistic goal. I would look into ab work there are a lot of things you can do for your abs that don't require crunches. shadow boxing is a good one look up how to tone your abs on youtube there are a lot of videos listed but try for one that don't require you to do tones of crunches. I would suggest looking up toning for the whole body though just because it all helps. With any exercise you do if you engage your abs while doing them you end up working your abs to like if you walk ever day and, I know this sound funny suck in your tummy but also try to tighten the muscles as well your working them. as I said look exercises up on youtube but do research on the web to make sure any exercise you find is safe.

Thank you very much. This was very helpful. I didn't know that shadow boxing could get me "ripped". I love boxing. Also about the tummy sucking thing, I've been trying to do that to tighten it but I need to do it more often. I never remember. I'm doing it now. lol
  • fpueblo
    Options

Thank you very much. This was very helpful. I didn't know that shadow boxing could get me "ripped". I love boxing. Also about the tummy sucking thing, I've been trying to do that to tighten it but I need to do it more often. I never remember. I'm doing it now. lol
    Just keep in mind Shadow boxing helps but it won't do everything there are different sets of muscles in your abs and different exercises work different parts. Same as sucking in the tummy and tightening the muscles. you will want to do several different types of ab exercises. Btw the reason I responded is because I read everyone elses response and they all only answered part of your question so I figured I'd answer the part about getting toned :) I just realized that I wrote "tones of crunches" instead of tons of crunches....
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft4 and 120 right now, so you can look at my pics and sort of compare maybe

I am probably going to be around 110-112 before i get the definition I am after
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options

Yeah thanks for noticing. Nobody else did. haha

Just keep in mind Shadow boxing helps but it won't do everything there are different sets of muscles in your abs and different exercises work different parts. Same as sucking in the tummy and tightening the muscles. you will want to do several different types of ab exercises. Btw the reason I responded is because I read everyone elses response and they all only answered part of your question so I figured I'd answer the part about getting toned :) I just realized that I wrote "tones of crunches" instead of tons of crunches....
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    I am 5ft4 and 120 right now, so you can look at my pics and sort of compare maybe

I am probably going to be around 110-112 before i get the definition I am after

Kay, thanks I will. :)
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    For my body (which is a large 5'5" frame) I know that 120 would be way too thin. I'm personally aiming for 150 right now even though I know that's bordering right on the line between being healthy and being overweight. I figure once I get there I can re-evaluate to see if I want to weigh less or if I just need to look trimmer through more weightlifting.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    For my body (which is a large 5'5" frame) I know that 120 would be way too thin. I'm personally aiming for 150 right now even though I know that's bordering right on the line between being healthy and being overweight. I figure once I get there I can re-evaluate to see if I want to weigh less or if I just need to look trimmer through more weightlifting.

I was happy at 150 for a long while until my doctor called me "heavy" and I cried for 3 hours. lol. But I thought it was a fine weight and people said I was thin.
  • Dallyhi
    Dallyhi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I asked my Doc recently what a good weight be for me. He checked my BMI, which has a range. If I were you, I'd check that out to see where you fit in in your weight to height ratio and not go below what is suggested. Hope that helps.
  • fpueblo
    Options

I was happy at 150 for a long while until my doctor called me "heavy" and I cried for 3 hours. lol. But I thought it was a fine weight and people said I was thin.
    Your doctor called you heavy at 150 and at your age.... you're kidding me that's just wrong 150 is a healthy weight for someone 5'5 it may be bordering but it's still a healthy weight.. Sorry... maybe if you were a bit older but that just not right saying that to someone so young.....
  • FreshKrisKreash
    Options
    I asked my Doc recently what a good weight be for me. He checked my BMI, which has a range. If I were you, I'd check that out to see where you fit in in your weight to height ratio and not go below what is suggested. Hope that helps.

Thanks. For me, I can't go below 111 pounds. I don't think that's even possible for me. haha.