Exercise when hurting?

Options
Hey everyone

I started going to Body Attack yesterday and absolutely loved it...I can't wait to go back to the gym now!! lol

Anyway I am thinking of trying Body Combat this morning but I am hurting quite a bit from yesterdays session....should I give my body a break or will I be ok to go for it?

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• LadyTC71
    LadyTC71 Posts: 4
    Options
    Go for it love! Only push to your limit and warm up properly, if you are hurting it's still burning! well done lovely you are doing amazing xxxx:smooched:
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I started going to Body Attack yesterday and absolutely loved it...I can't wait to go back to the gym now!! lol

Anyway I am thinking of trying Body Combat this morning but I am hurting quite a bit from yesterdays session....should I give my body a break or will I be ok to go for it?

Thanks in advance x

If you are hurting that may not be good. Allow me to ask you this, on a scale of 1 - 10 how much pain do you feel? If your pain is above 6, I personally would suggest stretching and rest. If you do decide to GO FOR IT make sure you stretch before and AFTER Body Combat then a good quality Whey protein after your workout.
  • jellymuffin
    Options
    Go for it love! Only push to your limit and warm up properly, if you are hurting it's still burning! well done lovely you are doing amazing xxxx:smooched:

Thanks honey, am gonna go for it, although feeling a little nervous as well as not done this class before!!! Am getting a bit addicted to this exercise lark now!!

Sounds like you are doing really well honey....will need to book my trip to Oz when we are both slinky slimmers!!! Much love chick xx
  • jellymuffin
    Options
    Hey everyone

Thanks in advance x

If you are hurting that may not be good. Allow me to ask you this, on a scale of 1 - 10 how much pain do you feel? If your pain is above 6, I personally would suggest stretching and rest. If you do decide to GO FOR IT make sure you stretch before and AFTER Body Combat then a good quality Whey protein after your workout.

Thanks for the advice.....I am not hurting loads, just feel very achy and can feel it it in certain parts of my body when I move...its defo not above a 5 so am gonna go for it and just take it easy!!

I have heard alot about this protein shakes...what do they actually do for you? xx
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know what protein shakes do for you also! and which ones are the best
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Hey everyone

Thanks in advance x

I hear body combat is good, all though never tried it myself. Hope it's fun! they do these classes at my local leisure centre
  • antoniosmooth
    Options
    Regarding protein shakes....

The amount of protein you consume is very important for muscle growth as well as weight loss. That's because they help the body recover from intense exercise. Protein shakes do this mainly by restoring muscle glycogen, a fuel source for exercise, which gets used up during workouts.

Your protein needs are likely VERY different than mine. My goal is to attain more muscle while also dropping down from 230lbs to 220lbs. For example I consume a LOW FAT protein shake 30 minutes before my workout and a MUSCLE BUILDING protein shake BEFORE 30 minutes has expired immediately after my workout. The second shake is a MRP. Also I have another protein shake which is a Casein right before bed.

If your goal is to lose weight I suggest the Syntrax Nectar brands of whey protein after your workouts. ONLY after your workout not before. They are EXTREMELY low on calories for a protein shake, zero fat, zero carbs, and literally the BEST protein shakes I've ever tasted. Flavors are Apple, Lemonade, Strawberry, Blueberry, and others with no chalky taste.
  • Naybelline
    Options
    Regarding protein shakes....

The amount of protein you consume is very important for muscle growth as well as weight loss. That's because they help the body recover from intense exercise. Protein shakes do this mainly by restoring muscle glycogen, a fuel source for exercise, which gets used up during workouts.

Your protein needs are likely VERY different than mine. My goal is to attain more muscle while also dropping down from 230lbs to 220lbs. For example I consume a LOW FAT protein shake 30 minutes before my workout and a MUSCLE BUILDING protein shake BEFORE 30 minutes has expired immediately after my workout. The second shake is a MRP. Also I have another protein shake which is a Casein right before bed.

If your goal is to lose weight I suggest the Syntrax Nectar brands of whey protein after your workouts. ONLY after your workout not before. They are EXTREMELY low on calories for a protein shake, zero fat, zero carbs, and literally the BEST protein shakes I've ever tasted. Flavors are Apple, Lemonade, Strawberry, Blueberry, and others with no chalky taste.

Oh thanks for the reply... yeah mines for weight loss.. never heard of those shakes though. I'm in the UK. will have a look for them online, thanks!
  • jellymuffin
    Options
    Thanks for the info re protein shakes...I am going to give them a go as anything which will help my weightloss is more than welcome!!

I have seen them online! And I am going to enquire at the gym I go to....I am also in the UK xx
  • antoniosmooth
    Options
    For those in the UK.... :happy:

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/3013/1/Syntrax-Nectar-whey-protein-isolate-970g.html

Remember don't take to much whey protein otherwise you'll end up looking like ..... SHE HULK :laugh:
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    r.e. protein shakes.....never realised they could aid weight loss - was always worried that if i started taking them as a suplpement I'd bulk ouy. So that's not the case? And if my diet is already ok on protein would it give me any benefit?

And Jelly, from what I've read around the internet, apparently you're supposed to give 48 hours before working out the SAME groups of muscles - that wouldn't stop you from going and doing a different workout. That's just what I've read anyway, if you checkout the nerdfitness forums there's usually some good info on there :)
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    For those in the UK.... :happy:

http://monstersupplements.com/store/p/3013/1/Syntrax-Nectar-whey-protein-isolate-970g.html

Remember don't take to much whey protein otherwise you'll end up looking like ..... SHE HULK :laugh:

Don't tell her she'll look like She-Hulk...there are actually people on here who believe that (you'll need steroids, estrogen blockers, and years of training to look like She-Hulk).

Aim for 1g of protein for each pound of lean muscle mass (I usually shoot for about 150g for me). That should help rebuild your muscle tissue.