i cant believe how...

Options
Poorly the scale reflected my activity this week. I think increasing my calories from 1200 to 1400 was a big mistake, not an ounce lost all week. WHY?!?! What on Earth did I do wrong?! Its only my second week, I shouldn't be hitting a plateau already! Needless todl say I'm pretty bummed about this.. I don't know where I went wrong, I had a great loss my first week, then NOTHING this week. I have my monthly, however I assumed when it tapered off that id lose at least SOMETHING. Geez how discouraging.

Sorry for my rant, any advice or tips? My diary is open if it helps..

Replies

• rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    give it at least another week, if not 3...especially if its that time of the month.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    What is your BMR and activity level?

My BMR is 1598 I think.. I'm not currently working out, but I burn a lot of calories chasing after 9 2-year oles at work everyday for 8 hours.. regardless, I'm taking in WAYYYY less calories than I did prior to this, I should be losing something...
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Have you been tracking your sodium intake? That could be part of the problem especially with TOM.
  • chazbo35
    chazbo35 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You dont drink much water do you?? I wouldnt go into panic mode yet. Your not very far into this at all. Get your footing here and calm the heck down lol. You'll be ok. No need to goo making a whole bunch of changes just yet. Your body is adjusting to this change so just do what you do. Eat right and exercise and drink some water. Ohhh and smile too =)
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    weight loss takes time if you are planning on keeping it off. try to stay with your "plan: for a few weeks to give it a chance to work. jumping around at the beginning will only get your discouraged. You said you were on your monthly so I wouldnt worry about it that week.. youre lucky to not have gained what you lost the first week back!
    Once you get in a routine of where your body feels at a good calorie level for your level of exercise and you are feeling not starved all the time your weight loss will get into a routine also.

Be Patient! You lost some weight the first week!! YEAHH!!! congrats~!!

Looking at your diary Ill bet your sodium is high.. you arent tracking that... because you eat a lot of processed foods... string cheese...popcorn...etc... you may be retaining water. Eat more vegetables and drink water... I dont see any water tracked although that doesnt mean youre not drinking it.. should have 8-10 8oz glasses of WATER a day,, not liquid but water.. those last items may help you get into your rhythm
  • Trinketona
    Trinketona Posts: 190
    Options
    Dont get discouraged. I started MFP on the first of January and didnt lose ANYTHING the entire month. I was about to give up but my friends motivated me to stick to it. Well I continued counting and working out and all of a sudden I dropped 7.2 in 2.5 weeks. Right now I'm up to 10 pounds. I had not lost an ounce in 2 weeks, I weighed myself yesterday and had lost 3 pounds. So it evens it out to a pound a week. Keep at it believe they'll start dropping. Good LUck :flowerforyou:
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    You dont drink much water do you?? I wouldnt go into panic mode yet. Your not very far into this at all. Get your footing here and calm the heck down lol. You'll be ok. No need to goo making a whole bunch of changes just yet. Your body is adjusting to this change so just do what you do. Eat right and exercise and drink some water. Ohhh and smile too =)

I do drink water all day, I just never remember to track it
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    patience. also measure yourself. just because you didn't lose 1 week or 2 doesn't mean you aren't making progress in other ways. how do clothes feel? energy levels?
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged. I started MFP on the first of January and didnt lose ANYTHING the entire month. I was about to give up but my friends motivated me to stick to it. Well I continued counting and working out and all of a sudden I dropped 7.2 in 2.5 weeks. Right now I'm up to 10 pounds. I had not lost an ounce in 2 weeks, I weighed myself yesterday and had lost 3 pounds. So it evens it out to a pound a week. Keep at it believe they'll start dropping. Good LUck :flowerforyou:

This is really encouraging. I tend to want weight loss every week and when I don't feel down.
  • SandyMilton
    SandyMilton Posts: 130
    Options
    My first week of calorie increase showed a gain. My second week was back to losing :)
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Give it a chance - you're only on your second week!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    You are only 2 weeks in. It isn't a plateau, you just haven't go going yet. Don't even think about it until you have been going 4-6 weeks. I didn't lose any weight for the first 2 months, but I lost a lot of inches.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I would add sodium to show up in your diary as I also have a feeling it will be high.
    Also, I would up protein to about 100g and lower carbs.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    rememeber why you wanted to lose weight and don't give up!
  • fee26
    fee26 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel. It stinks to try so hard and feel as if you've gotten no results. Don't give up. Sometimes when the scale reflects a big loss for me, my body has to readjust (or maybe the scale reflected a dramatic dip in water weight) for a week or two before I can see a loss again. Lots of time, I'll go up after a big loss, but then I'll go back down in a week or two.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    For those of you that are saying you bet my sodium is high, its really not.. sure I have processed foods every now and then (ive restricted frozen meals to once a week, cut me some slack!! One a week is not the reason why I'm not losing) but if you look at my diary, I only went over my sodium a few days since starting. I eat very healthy foods and small portions