BIGGEST LOSERS CHALLENGE START DATE 3/4/2012 CORRESPOND HERE

Options

Replies

• Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    I haven't thought of adding fiber, but I will do that. :) I have some flax seed. Thanks for the tip. The smoothie was good. I have found I do not like juicing beets, gross. They are ok in small amounts but you gotta watch that.

beets!!!! YUCK!!! i concur.. lol.
  • yary317
    yary317 Posts: 32
    Options
    I love this challenge and I love the daily support I get from My Coach,Mrsmofasa!!
    Im putting all my efforts to do better everyday and to have you all is a blessing!
    Before, I was weighing myself everyday and on Monday Morning my husband took
    The scale with him to his office and he will give it back to me tomorrow morning for
    The weigh in! It has been challenging to me, because I'm trying to break that habit
    and I'm trying not To focus only on the scale, specially not everyday!
    But, we got this & we are on the right path to achieve our goals!!
    I really appreciate your help & support!!

Shout out to my girls from
    Motivational queens Team! Let's keep the great work!

Hugs
    Yary
  • cngeike
    cngeike Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ok, I gotta get this eating crap under control. I am weak. Either I over eat or I hardly eat and I know it is effecting my emotions. I need more protein. Idea's for healthy protein? We eat a lot of ground turkey in this house, but I have been doing some juicing this week and not getting enough. So thoughts? We also eat a lot of chicken. Do you think the fact htat I haven't had much meat this week has made me lack energy?
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! Down 2.4 today!!! I know you said 1-2 doesn't cut it but this is a lot for me! I never lose more than two!!!

This will motivate me going into the weekend! Go team fit chicks !!!
  • peachlow
    peachlow Posts: 91
    Options
    Wishing everyone a successful weight in today.....hope you all didn't forget!!!

Also just wanted to share because this week this article is so relevant to me....but I'm accepting that there are things that are just out of my control except how I respond to them....but this week was a success...I only got angry for about 20mins & decided to workout instead of eating out....the next morning I woke up feeling so good!!!

Don't Focus on Your Stressors....Focus on How You Respond to Them!!!

Women focus on the external stressors in their life when trying to find solutions to the impacts of stress. Women need to look at the “internal stressors,” such as how they react to and deal with stress, suggests Kathy Glover Scott, MSW, motivational speaker and author of The Successful Woman (Alternative Truths, 2003), because “stress-busting begins from within.” Actively creating a positive mindset will be the catalyst for de-stressing your body from the inside out: remind yourself that what happens around you may be out of your control, but how you feel about it and react to it is within your reach.

TGIT {Thank God It's Today}....
  • peachlow
    Options
    Congrats......great job!!!:drinker:

Whoo hoo! Down 2.4 today!!! I know you said 1-2 doesn't cut it but this is a lot for me! I never lose more than two!!!

• Journeyingascrystal
    Options

Oh NOOOOO Babes.. I didnt mean that.. lol. i was referring to MONTHLY!!! lol.. Awesome work!!
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    Wishing everyone a successful weight in today.....hope you all didn't forget!!!

Also just wanted to share because this week this article is so relevant to me....but I'm accepting that there are things that are just out of my control except how I respond to them....but this week was a success...I only got angry for about 20mins & decided to workout instead of eating out....the next morning I woke up feeling so good!!!

Don't Focus on Your Stressors....Focus on How You Respond to Them!!!

Women focus on the external stressors in their life when trying to find solutions to the impacts of stress. Women need to look at the “internal stressors,” such as how they react to and deal with stress, suggests Kathy Glover Scott, MSW, motivational speaker and author of The Successful Woman (Alternative Truths, 2003), because “stress-busting begins from within.” Actively creating a positive mindset will be the catalyst for de-stressing your body from the inside out: remind yourself that what happens around you may be out of your control, but how you feel about it and react to it is within your reach.

TGIT {Thank God It's Today}....
    Thank you and true!!
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    Ok, I gotta get this eating crap under control. I am weak. Either I over eat or I hardly eat and I know it is effecting my emotions. I need more protein. Idea's for healthy protein? We eat a lot of ground turkey in this house, but I have been doing some juicing this week and not getting enough. So thoughts? We also eat a lot of chicken. Do you think the fact htat I haven't had much meat this week has made me lack energy?
    fish/chicken/fish/chicken/ protein powders.. i prefer Jillian michales..
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    Okay. I feel dense...I just saw this for the first time ....smh!
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    Okay. I feel dense...I just saw this for the first time ....smh!

wow.. and i sent it to you in email.. 2 days ago.. smh!! lol..
  • PinkieBoo
    PinkieBoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel dense as well.. This is the first time I'm seeing this as well... didn't know it existed... :sad:
  • MDdavis25
    Options
    How did I miss this??? Shout out to my coach ken4luvonly for pushing us (team Diamond in the rough) I'm soooo sore but I love the results. Keep up the Great job everyone.
  • lmbartley
    lmbartley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Okay. So I'm feeling so uhhh I'm like foxy...I normally burn good burns and here it is the weigh-in and I'm not happy :( but it's hard with death of aunt, out of town, and race...my workout is being lathered. Today it's killing me, knowing its weigh-in day, to not go in gym and try to burn 1500 at least...but can't. Really trying to be obedient to my running trainer and I'm really trying hard to place in this race tomorrow and I want/need to run at least 9 minutes a mile so he said I got to preserve legs to be fresh tomorrow, which means rest day today....i feel like uhhh I need to workout ...oh, well, it's life....let's just all bow our head, pray and stretch hands I don't get kicked out first week...LOL!!! My hubby looking like babe is it that serious...Uhhhh YES he know i'm competitive what is his problem!!!!!! uhhhhhh :(
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    Okay. So I'm feeling so uhhh I'm like foxy...I normally burn good burns and here it is the weigh-in and I'm not happy :( but it's hard with death of aunt, out of town, and race...my workout is being lathered. Today it's killing me, knowing its weigh-in day, to not go in gym and try to burn 1500 at least...but can't. Really trying to be obedient to my running trainer and I'm really trying hard to place in this race tomorrow and I want/need to run at least 9 minutes a mile so he said I got to preserve legs to be fresh tomorrow, which means rest day today....i feel like uhhh I need to workout ...oh, well, it's life....let's just all bow our head, pray and stretch hands I don't get kicked out first week...LOL!!! My hubby looking like babe is it that serious...Uhhhh YES he know i'm competitive what is his problem!!!!!! uhhhhhh :(

your efforts are there.... may be a need to tweak the nutrition.... let's see.
  • timadotcom
    timadotcom Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Alirhgt, my fat but fine *kitten* only lost .2 lbs this week!! I like the exercising part of losing weight, I just can't seem to get the nutrition thing down...anywaysss, I WILL do better next week!!
  • peachlow
    Options
    Even thou my diet isn't always the best....I did take Nutrition Courses due to my medical training...try some of these items hun...

Salmon 3 oz gives you about 16.9grams of protein/121 calories
    Lima Beans 1/2 cup 7.3grams of protein/108 calories
    Lamb Steak 1` portion 19.9grams of protein ( & I have eaten lamb girl its good if prepared properly)
    Crab meat, Tuna, dried fruits, soya beans....

Just some things you probably already have all this stuff

fish/chicken/fish/chicken/ protein powders.. i prefer Jillian michales..
  • peachlow
    Options
    Sorry for your loss & good luck with the race...
    You know I understand how dedicated you are to your goals...luv ya chica!!!

your efforts are there.... may be a need to tweak the nutrition.... let's see.
  • peachlow
    Options
    Okay week #1 and Roll Call for team ATL....

This week started off slow for me but I managed to get the challenges plus some completed....looking forward to next weeks challenges...

:sad: Leg's are tender but hey it's part of the training....

Have a great week everyone!!!
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    **** Loses and shouts will be posted here.. please save*** these are the starting weights and the Teams that are active!

GO HARD YALL!!!
    COACHES... REMEMBER, ALTHOUGH I POST CHALLENGES..YOUR MISSION IS TO PUSH YOUR TEAMS EVEN MORE... MAYBE MAKE MENU SUGGESTIONS... THE GAME IS LOSE!!! BE SAFE..AND HAVE FUN!!!!!

TEAMS:

TEAM: DIAMONDS IN A ROUGH
    **MDdavis25 -210.4-202.4(ALL DONE)
    **Kilawimbish- NO SHOW
    **JasmineAntoinette-188.2-185.4(1 DONE)
    ken4luvonly- COACH......193.8

TEAM: Kicking *kitten* Shredding Masses (KASM)
    **Tummz02 - 144.4-144.2(ALL DONE)
    **Rubymejh- 147.4-146.6(3 DONE)
    **Zoe4friends -158.2-159(3 DONE)
    DoingITNow2012 - Coach

TEAM: The Flab-u-less Four
    **Mmissy104 -141.8
    **Brittnicoledav - 138
    **Tabysmock -228.8

Coach - Sophiebee92

TEAM: In it to WIN IT

**ShannanLeNae - 260-NO SHOW
    **MrsJustMeJB - 194.4-193.2(All done)
    **SexyMrsParker -NO SHOW

Coach - MrsMofasa

TEAM: Motivational Queens

**Yary317 - 133.2-131(ALL DONE)
    **Estrella30 -230.6-226.6 (ALL DONE)
    **Wahmax3- 147.2-146.1(ALL DONE)

Coach - MrsMofasa

TEAM: FOCUSED

**kishamoore1-212-211.5(LATE)
    **mouniquecat -173.6-NO SHOW
    **Dollface314-222.2-220.6(3 DONE)

COACH - jakimmyfire

TEAM: Sassy by Summer

** krescine-224.4-222(ALL DONE)
    ** beautyisbeingu-200-190 (ALL DONE)
    ** kludgood-246.4-245.4(ALL DONE)

Coach - cthoma

TEAM: BRINGING IT BACK

**PINKIEBOO- 218- 218.6(ALL DONE)
    **DIVADOLL41-220.5- 219(ALL DONE)
    ** FOURMENANDALADY-181.6-180(ALL DONE)

Coach - Journeyingascrystal

TEAM: FIT CHICKS

** bxbutterfly-190.4-191(ALL DONE)
    **CNGEIKE-230.4-227.6(3 DONE)
    ** scsedey143 -232.8-230.4(ALL DONE)

Coach - JOURNEYINGASCRYSTAL

TEAM: ATL

** HisChild2011- 171.1-170.6(1 DONE)
    **Chrissym-185.2-185.2(ALL DONE)
    **Peachlow-193-187.4(ALL DONE)

TEAM: WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION

**LMBARTLEY-155.6-156.4(ALL DONE)
    **DIZEXHALED-290.6-289.2(ALL DONE)
    **BROOKS- 215.2-211.6(ALL DONE)

END OF WEEK ONE!!!!!!!

TEAM: High Energy

**Parsosa-257.8-253.6 (0 DONE)
    **Can_Do-168- NO SHOW
    **brnsuga614-405-399.2 (0 DONE)

Coach - Delive

5K RUN TIMES:
    TUMMZ02- 3/5 (5k - 32 mins 5.5 speed - 3 incline)