HRM or Fitbit?

Options
I found a Polar heart rate monitor on Amazon for $45 that Im thinking about getting but I'm also very tempted by the Fitbit. Should I spend the extra $50 and get the Fitbit? I guess I really just want something to track my calories when I work out.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Fitbit would me more accurate, IMO
  • MorissaW
    MorissaW Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have no experience with the Fitbit.
    I have a Polar HRM that I love though. It tracks my calories burned by taking into account my weight, my age and my heart rate. It has a strap that I wear around my chest. It sends a signal to the watch I wear (and also connects to a few machines at the gym, it is coded so it does not get mixed with anyone else there).
    It also stores my workout so I can go back and look at it when I am in front of MFP and want to log.
  • kmbhoya2000
    kmbhoya2000 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking into the Fitbit, I would love to find out more about my sleeping, or lack of!! It seems like a really cool device..
  • shedoos
    shedoos Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your workouts look like.

I love my fitbit - and I wear it all day/every day. BUT - it doesn't measure anything but steps (and sleep of course). So, when I walk, it captures that (and automatically sends that info to MFP now which is nice). But anything like elliptical/weight training it is inaccurate. Then an HRM is much better.
  • PJChick730
    Options
    I'll have to keep shopping around then. The Polar monitor I found doesn't track calories and thats really what Im looking for. Thanks for all the input!
  • smbh45
    smbh45 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 HRM for women. It tracks calorie expenditures and is easy to use. I bought it a year ago from Best Buy and I really like it.