What am i doing wrong?

Options
I have been trying my hardest for the past 3 weeks now to maintain my alotted amount of calories and workout at least 2xs a week. I have never been able to eat less than 1200 calories per day, but i come close every day. I have also been working out regularly. I do not seem to be loosing any weight at all and it is very depressing! My main problem is that I do not get full on the foods I am eating, is there anything in particular that you might recommend that is low in calories, and fat, that fills you up quicker and keeps you feeling full? I just need a little motivation! Thanks

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have been trying my hardest for the past 3 weeks now to maintain my alotted amount of calories and workout at least 2xs a week. I have never been able to eat less than 1200 calories per day, but i come close every day. I have also been working out regularly. I do not seem to be loosing any weight at all and it is very depressing! My main problem is that I do not get full on the foods I am eating, is there anything in particular that you might recommend that is low in calories, and fat, that fills you up quicker and keeps you feeling full? I just need a little motivation! Thanks

Hi. Protein and fiber always help keep me filled up.
    Eat stuff like chicken, eggs, oatmeal, natural peanut butter. Get lots of veggies and fruits and water in too.
    Maybe you're not eating quite enough, if you're only eating 1200 and exercising. Try eating a little bit more and see how you do. :smile:
  • junkgypsy
    junkgypsy Posts: 217
    Options
    If you're exercising, you need to be eating more than 1200 calories!
    Use the calorie counter on here for your food AND exercise.
    It'll give you an estimate of what you need to be eating.

You could be putting yourself into starvation mode, which makes your body think it needs to hang on to fat to survive.

Eat lean meats, peanut butter, and lots of fruits and veggies, and lots of water! The important thing is you gotta eat.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I think you should be eating the 1200 calories that MFP suggests plus the calories you get from exercise. Are you logging all your exercise? Are you making sure that the food you eat is nutirition dense (lots of nutrition and no empty calories)

Do you eat lean chicken and fish, lots of veggies, complex carbs like oatmeal and brown rice?

Have you been avoiding caffeine, sugar, simple carbs, and artificial sweeteners?

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • conmonja
    conmonja Posts: 28
    Options
    Try eating a large salad with cabage, jicama,and I put broccoli slaw in my salad. . Protein also keeps you from feeling hungry. Try a protein drink when you are hungry (like eas protein powder) I have lost 37 lbs since May18 doing these things, I never feel hungry. Try to eat your fill of protein every day, this will help the hungry feeiing.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    First I'm going to suggest that you read this post. It has so much great information in it that I think it's a wonderful place to start.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60459-the-dieting-dilema-bad-food-worse-ideas

Have you read the posts "Posts you want to read again and again"? There is alot of good info for someone starting out.

Next I have to ask. Are you trying to go below 1200 cal? You should never go below. In fact you might not be eating enough.

Don't only look for lo cal/lo fat foods. Some fats are good for you and your body needs them. Look to eat healthier foods. If you made your food diary public then people could maybe make some suggestions. Not knowing how or what you are eating now makes that hard.

Foods that keep me full. For breakfast I eat one whole egg fried with a piece of double protein whole grain bread toasted with a small amount of butter. It keeps me going till lunch. If I do get hungry before lunch I grab some fruit. Quick & easy energy.

Lunches I try to have a complex carb with a protein. That might be as simple as a pb&j sandwich. Whole grain bread and peanut butter. Maybe with banana or jam. Or it could be salad with black beans or chicken. Quinoa with vegetables.

Hope you have a wonderful journey to a healthier lifestyle!:flowerforyou:
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Eat your 1200 calories and ALSO eat at least 1/2 of what your burning in exercise.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Baked Salmon, broccoli and a small baked potato and a large glass of water aprox 350 cal, and i am so full I want to go to sleep! I think the best thing to keep yourself full is to drink that water before and during your meal. its worked for me so far!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Start with those exercise calories, i.e. eat them!

Exercise works best when you keep your muscles properly fueled on the days you work out.
  • blink14
    blink14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    definitely protein! I always notice on days that I have something like chicken for lunch, versus a sandwich, I stay feeling full alot longer.