BRAG BOARD

Options

Replies

• Nlongenecker
    Nlongenecker Posts: 765
    Options
    Yesterday I did Couch to 5K week two training. I struggled, but I made it and felt very proud.

I have to brag on my DH here for a second. He did his 1st Sprint Triathalon on Saturday. He finished in 1 hr 46 min. I was so proud of him. And it was so motivating, I told him I'd get myself in shape and do it with him next year. I have my work cut for me. But I am pumped to work towards it.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I've worked out 6 days this week (last workout, I burned 700 calories according to my HRM) and managed NOT to get sunburned yesterday when we went to the beach.
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Yesterday I did Couch to 5K week two training. I struggled, but I made it and felt very proud.

I have to brag on my DH here for a second. He did his 1st Sprint Triathalon on Saturday. He finished in 1 hr 46 min. I was so proud of him. And it was so motivating, I told him I'd get myself in shape and do it with him next year. I have my work cut for me. But I am pumped to work towards it.

Hey there! a birdy told me your hubby was in a Sprint Triathalon on Sunday? was it in Palatine Illinois by any chance? I did that one sunday. the swim was 700 yards, bike was 14 miles, and run was 4.9 miles. I did it in 1:45 I was just hoping to finish in less than 2 hours... lol that was my only goal... but it was my first one as well! it was interesting.. some of the guys that I raced against were in their 40's and they WHOOPED me good... some of them had very nice bikes and their transition times were super quick... my transition times sucked. :( but its really cool to know your hubby did his first! and HEY you learn something new right?
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

Hey there! a birdy told me your hubby was in a Sprint Triathalon on Sunday? was it in Palatine Illinois by any chance? I did that one sunday. the swim was 700 yards, bike was 14 miles, and run was 4.9 miles. I did it in 1:45 I was just hoping to finish in less than 2 hours... lol that was my only goal... but it was my first one as well! it was interesting.. some of the guys that I raced against were in their 40's and they WHOOPED me good... some of them had very nice bikes and their transition times were super quick... my transition times sucked. :( but its really cool to know your hubby did his first! and HEY you learn something new right?

The one he did was in Warsaw, IN at Winona Lake. I just really loved the atmosphere. It was contagious. You couldn't be there and not want to be involved and feel motivated! Congrats on your first one! His goal was to finish in 1 hr 40 min. So he was within 6 minutes of his goal. It was great to see him finish! Since you're in IL, maybe we will run into you at an event.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    This is cool....

I just started back exercising after a month off & it only took one session to get back to my old goals.
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I noticed that my cycling ticker didn't update itself from my earlier post in this thread (maybe because it's been a while?) I've gone 489miles since that post!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

exercise.png
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I went for a 7km "Walk with the Dragon" today around the seawall at Stanley Park. It was a fundraiser for S.U.C.C.E.S.S., an organization that works in the Chinese community. The dragon was carried by some youngsters from a martial arts school. When we were about 2/3 through the walk they started to run :noway:

I couldn't keep up with that (few people could) but I finished the walk in about 1.5 hours.
  • turtle31
    turtle31 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I walked the dog for about 50 minutes and did oneof my 10 minute solution videos. I burned a total of 571 calories tonight. My goal was to hit my neighborhood 3 times and then do a DVD. I did it! I'm thinking about going to spin class in the morning. I haven't been in a WHILE, but i have to get back on track, Wish me luck!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i ran for 5mins on the treadmil! (a big thing for me as i've only ever been able to run 1min)
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I am actually eager to go to the gym to work out. It used to be difficult. Now I go to bed excited because I know when I wake up I get to work out!!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I am actually eager to go to the gym to work out. It used to be difficult. Now I go to bed excited because I know when I wake up I get to work out!!
    You look wonderful!!!! Keep up the good work!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Yesterday

Ran 5 miles
    Pooped 4 times
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I made it over the hump. I have now lost more weight than I have weight to go. It is nice to see those numbers reversed.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Yesterday

Ran 5 miles
    Pooped 4 times

:laugh:

Saturday

Ran 10 miles
    Pooped (only) 2 times
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was the day after my friend's birthday and I was tired from being up late the day before. I decided I would give myself the "day off" and not record my calories. But, even with a get out of jail free card, i found myself making healthy snack choices and staying within smaller portions. I'm proud of myself that my eating habits have seemed to really changed :flowerforyou:
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    In the last week I made it through week one of Shaun T's Insanity :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I did all of Cathe's 4 Day split weight routines. I ran 2 X and hiked 3 times and I tried turbo kick round 30 and loved it. I also canoed for the first time in years for a couple of hours and man, did I feel that!

Laura
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've slacked off a bit from MFP since kids have been out of school, just been busy, but I have to say I have not gained any weight, have just plateaued, still exercising and eating healthy. So I've learned its pretty easy to maintain. Hoping once school is back in (I have 5 kids, and 3 are going back to school) I can continue on my weight loss journey, I'm half way there.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I bought size 18 pants yesterday. In september I wore 24s.

p.s. the 18s were bought in a regular store!!!!!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    This past weekend, Thurs-Sun we were out of town with friends and they (instigated by my DH) ate obscene amounts of candy and junk. And I did not even have one piece of candy or one bite of junk. I stuck with the food I packed and avoided the sick feeling they all had and the guilt I know I would've had if I had given in. Yeah for me:flowerforyou:
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    I did 15 push ups with good form. On my knees. I know for some its small, but for me, its HUGE! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!