Very frustrated (marriage related)

Options
2»

Replies

• newnormal2010
    Options
    Just another thought -- could she be struggling with depression? When I'm going through a difficult stretch with that ongoing battle, getting anything other than absolute routine stuff done seems impossible. When she says she's doing all she can, she may mean that literally. She's doing as much as she can do, even if it isn't everything that could be done. I wish you both the best in working this out.
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Actions speak louder than words.
    There is something she doesn't want.
    Its either NYC or you.
    Sorry for the bad news.

I don't agree with this.
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Actions speak louder than words.
    There is something she doesn't want.
    Its either NYC or you.
    Sorry for the bad news.

OR (like OP already stated) the company that they both work for is disorganized and slow in responding.

Sorry that you have a negative outlook on everything, including other people's lives.
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just want to give ya a big hug!! We have many parallels in our lives! I, too, am Italian and an only child! Tried living away from my family.... never again!
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    This makes sense. She's a HUGE procrastinator. I guess I just figured that when it came to something truly major like this, she would step it up a notch!
    Does she tend to procrastinate in other areas of her life? If so, that could just be what it is. I know when I procrastinate on something, it only makes things worse when I have someone constantly telling me to do the thing that I should do. Also, I wonder if she doesn't want to pester her bosses, for fear they might get angry.
    Hang in there, in try to remember that this is only a season in your lives together.

This is exactly what I was going to ask. If it is out of character for her to procrastinate on something or not be very diligent about following through until she gets what she wants then I would say this whole thing is a red flag. However if this is within her nature then I would try not to worry too much as frustrating as it is :)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    print off this post and show her how you really feel.
  • mfisher16508
    mfisher16508 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    no words of advice, just a big hug for you.

Mary
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. She is a big-time procrastinator, I guess I just thought this would be taken more seriously! We'll see what happens...I appreciate the support. :-)
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't read into it too much, especially since you love her. She is probably having to deal with a lot in regards to possibly losing the house to foreclosure and that is affecting her judgement on other matters in her life. Is it possible for you guys to rent the house to try and save it from foreclosure? I dont think she would drive to visit you every other weekend if she didn't love you. Communication and support is key in marriages. Sometimes people grow in different directions and its important to find and grow with each other through time. I've been with my husband for close to 12 years now, and we are completely different people now than what we were 12 years ago. Good Luck :)