my first week I gained weight!!

Options
HI! I just started my diet this week! I am trying to lose a lot of post baby weight I have been carrying around for about a year and a half now, after having my second baby. I have gone to two boot camp classes this week and I stepped on the scale this morning and I had gained 5 pounds! I have improved my eating habits and I eat about 6 small meals a day. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help with any advice or suggestions! Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• brittany082987
    Options
    If you made your diary public, it would be alot easier to tell if your doing something wrong in your eating, sounds like you are exercising alot so it cant be that. You may be eating too much sodium, causing your body to retain water... you may also not be drinking enough water.
  • mmmpoptarts
    Options
    Are you counting your calories?
    As effective as "small meals" are, if you are eating too many calories and not enough exercise, you are not going to lose, unfortunately. Try keeping your calories totals in the 1200-1600 range, which would mean about 300 calories per meal, and depending on what you're eating, that can add up quick!

It also takes time for your body to adjust to changing what you eat as much as how much you are eating. If you eat a lot of carbs,you more than likely gained some water weight. Also, stick to weighing yourself in the morning, after you go to the bathroom, before you've eaten anything, for a better reading of how much you accurately weigh.