Really need some help & opinions!

Options
I joined Weight Watchers in January. I lost 10lbs by just following the diet, no excercise. I stopped WW bc of expenses & joined the gym & MFP 2 weeks ago. I go spinning Monday-Saturday, and weight train M-F. I eat 1200 calories a day and am actually gaining weight, and have not lost inches! I've actually gained 5lbs!! I know it probably muscle but I don't even feel like I look different! What gives? :( It is very discouraging. Also, I know there is mixed feelings on the subject, but do most of you feel like it's more beneficial to eat back the calories you worked out? Or should I strictly stick to 1200 calories a day regardless of how much I've burned working out? Thanks into I for ur advice & support <3

Replies

• triathlete06
    Options
    Well first of all...1200 calories per day and exercising that much IS NOT ENOUGH.
    I don't get why people think 1200/day is a good number, but it's not. Eat more and you should lose. Keep your calorie deficit around 1,000 (for 10+lbs to lose) or 500 for (10 or less).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should eat back at least some of your exercise calories on most days. What you are describing is not normal. Perhaps you should see your doctor to see if there is a reason you are not losing.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I started eating back my exercise calories and dropped 3 lbs. Then I changed what I ate and lost 6 more!!!

I try to follow an isocaloric diet. :)

OH and I cheat on Fridays...and it is FRIDAYYYY!!!!!
  • Ambileena
    Options
    Thanks! That's why I was asking b/c the app suggest I eat 1200 calories, but I wasn't sure that it was enough : /