Help! I need tip to stay on track during vacation.

Options
:glasses:

Hi everyone. I am just a little worried because I am leaving for New Orleans (staying there 3 nights) and going on a cruise to Mexico (on the boat for 5 nights). VERY WORRIED about gaining weight while gone. YIKES! Do you have any suggestions for staying on a diet and traveling? Maybe my goal should just be to maintain my weight?

Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful, but I just need some tools for success!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I would eat at maintenance calories that way you can let loose a little without doing any damage. Also, try to get in as much exercise as you can. There are lots of opportunities to eat like crap on a cruise but there are just as many opportunities to exercise!
  • triathlete06
    Options
    I travel 100% for work - so I've become an expert at this stuff.
    First, drink A LOT of water throughout the day.
    Second, pack your workout clothes and get at least a 20 minute workout in everyday.
    Third, watch your portions and try to stay focused on lean proteins.

Finally, and most important - don't sweat it! Enjoy your vacation! Indulge a little!!
  • californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi, have a good time first off. Just try to keep a mental track of what you have eaten, and walk the course on top of the ship. I went last year for a 7 day and gained 6 pounds back! I too am leaving next Friday for a 9 day and this time I am bringing my "shape ups" and making sure I walk at least once a day, maybe twice. And if you do gain, don't let it get you down too much, just know you have the tools to take it off again, once back home and on track. Have a safe and fun filled trip.