Getting frustrated

Options
I have been busting my rear working out & eating right. I go to the gym every day burn anywhere from 250 to 500 calories, then come home and do 30 day shred (pending what I did at the gym) ( just started 3 days ago) I also have a trainer.. I dont know why I am not losing the weight I should be losing,, is it my scale?? is it what I am eating? I have no clue what I am doing wrong!! Can anyone help! I need to do this & I dont want to be discourage and give up! I'll take any advice! help please! :explode:

Replies

• Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I see that you have your diary set for 1200 calories and that just makes me sad! You are busting your butt and leaving a HUGE deficit every day. I would try looking up a TDEE calculator (google it and read about it)and only create a 15-20% deficit. If might just be your body adversely reacting to the big deficit that you have created. Eat more!

:smile: Good luck and I hope you get good responses since this is all info I am currently trying since I have not lost a single ounce since starting MFP. Good luck and check out fat2fitradio.com , super interesting podcasts and articles regarding weight loss!

Edit: for grammer. :blushing:
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hi, Dont know if I read this right, but have you only been doing this for 3days???

if so you need to give it more time, trust your body, you say you have been busting it so have faith.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    MFP only gives me 1200 as well. Certain websites say you can safely drop below that, the concern relates to malnutrition if you do. That being said, everyone's body is different. Saying 1200 is the minimum is silly when you think of all the different body types and heights out there. Do what feels right to you or consult a doctor. I know for me, I have big weight loss weeks followed by weeks of plataue even when I'm not making any changes to my exercises and diet plan. You might just need to give it a little more time...
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    But is it worth having to eat 1200 calories for life because of the fear of gaining the weight back?

She could safely lose on a higher calorie diet and I would bet, since she is not losing on 1200 calories, that eating more would help her. :)
  • MuscleBear
    MuscleBear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you've lost 25 lbs in a little over 2 months - to me, that's amazing, at about 3 lbs/week!

My goal is to not only achieve healthier weight, but also humility and serenity along the way. I've always been into immediate gratification, which is the main reason why I'm finding myself at this juncture. I'm thinking that if I can be happy with losing weight at a reasonable and steady amount per week/month, then when those temptations come around (i.e. "summer foods") they'll be less of a threat, because I've not only lost weight, but modified my behavior enough by modifying my habits in a steady and maintainable fashion so that they won't even show up on my radar any longer.

That's my story, and I'm just getting started, so we'll see where I'm at in 6 months! Personally, I think you're doing great. Maybe it would be a good idea to step back and look at your accomplishments?

In the past, my goals have been way too aggressive, based upon that immediate gratification need, which eventually has ended up leading to disappointment and abandonment, which is where that humility and serenity stuff come into play...

Lastly, I'm finding that it's way too easy for me to forget to drink enough water - are you hydrating adequately?

:flowerforyou: